Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
I'm not normally a big fan of the show "Jackass" (no matter how much it reminds me of certain times in my youth) but I have to say one of the best had to be when they went over to Europe for their Gumball 3000 rally.

My favourite part: when one of the Jackass boys asks this confused Latvian kid, while part of the contingent of Ferraris, Porsches etc are parked in his town,

"So what do you think of all these rich a$$h0les being in your country?"

Of course, he didn't speak a lick of English, so instead they paid him $20 to kick one of the guys in the crotch, which was all good fun.

While it makes for some entertaining B-movie fodder, I'd be willing to bet the American version is pretty similar - a bunch of rich, boring, incredibly pretentious jerks driving their hot cars around at dangerous speeds... really not that glamorous.

Being rich and a jerk doesn't make you interesting, I'm afraid.

However the "Getaway in Stockholm" series is fairly entertaining :)

Skye Poier
Seattle, WA

Vive le Prole-le-Ralliat!
http://www.rallyrace.net/

Black Rocket Rally Tires
http://www.blackrockettires.com/

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
>
>While it makes for some entertaining B-movie fodder, I'd be
>willing to bet the American version is pretty similar - a
>bunch of rich, boring, incredibly pretentious jerks driving
>their hot cars around at dangerous speeds... really not that
>glamorous.
>

Your right! someone lent me a copy of the DVD from last years Gumball and your description is right on the money.
Some schmo got arrested for going 205mph in his Porsche, footage of Ferraris doing extremely high speed passes in the breakdown lane, etc, etc.
The worst bit was in the middle of the DVD they take a break to show some footage of someone in a Saturn Rally car, driving recklessly on open public roads, skidding around corners, then making several passes at a yump in a parking lot to jump the car. The problem is they did not have the brains to remove the SCCA Rally number plate and logos from the car. Way to tarnish the sport, hopefully no one in any position of political clout will see this immature video, and then make it difficult to have an event somewhere!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts