Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both STPR and NEFR had lots of good places for grabbimg nice action photos. I am going up to Ten Mile River on Thursday morning to have a look around. I understand there may be a bridge that is a little jump or at least was a little jump. Any suggestions? I still have hopes of getting assigned to shoot for a medium. H&H fell through...long story.

·
AC2RC
463 Posts
Splashes ? That was last year when the second day brought 2.5" of rain . See www.onalimbracing.com Not too much in the way of jumps. The bridge is right next to the 'family camp' [see map] otherwise called the 'dumpster radio' location .Good action there.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I still have hopes of getting assigned to shoot for a medium. H&H fell through...long story.
Are any of your shots online or have you been previously published? The reason I ask this is if you're not experienced you may actually be better off to start off working the event, taking a few shots here and there, getting something online and moving up the ladder. I got my start back in 1986 as a course marshal and took a few shots from behind the banner tape. Hoping you'll get assigned when you haven't had a lot of experience shooting rallies is a bad idea, IMHO, as there are dangers involved. Some videos I've seen online (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) show me that there needs to be more rules out there for the inexperienced rally photographer. If you don't have a lot of experience, my suggestion is the above or sticking with one of the regular photographers rather than potentially putting yourself in danger.

Just my $.02

·
Flat into R2 ?
366 Posts
There is a few areas where you will see cars go Wide on some of the corners and there are a few little crests where you will get some nice Air shots. But as RadioRobert said look for some "Big trees" for shelter.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The other week I was pleased to receive a very generous check from Scott Lear for a l'Estage EVO shot from STPR/WM and so I hope to get a good shot @ IRNY. Something of interest to drivers is what I am looking for.
Ivan says the seasoned spectator (and presumably driver/navigator) enjoys features other than splashes and jumps. What features and can they be photographed?

BTW: I may not have time to earn my bats in motorsports photography.

The l'Estage shot should appear in the October issue of Grassroots Motorsports.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts