Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Well, looks like Pat finished the event! Good for him! Looks like he had a harder go on the tar but knowing his talent, will improve in know time! Good run Pat!

·
Registered
803 Posts
we had a tough rally, not due to pace really (only had 2 stages without major 'issues')

first and foremost was the head on collision of my service truck with a 10 ton lorry on the way to the first service. Luckily no one was injured serously, however the truck was completely destroyed and I cant understand how no one got hurt. They made it to service after the 1st service, we serviced out of the recce car. We ran in the second run group of the 206s, we went out on slicks into the pouring rain (I mean pouring). Then we had a throttle jam (jam in the fully open position) for 2 stages, then we had a fire, then we got caught behid slower traffic, then... da da da da) we also got stuck on a berm for 8 minutes, we also mowed through a hedge into a farmers field at 100mph. anyhow, you cant beleive how glad we were to make it to the finish. I cant wait for the next tarmac event.

p.s. tarmac rallying - the main difference is that IT IS ALL ABOUT LATE BRAKING

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Pete Morris (building "Son of CoROLLa"). Patrick, I can't believe that a man of your stature didn't know that! Fast in, stomp on them and fast out. Fun isn't it? Pete.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Pete Morris (building "Son of CoROLLa"). Patrick, if you get the chance, hop on over to Belgium and do an event or two there. They are fanatics and they love their tarmac. Their roads are unbelievable. God made Wales for dirt rallies and Belgium for tarmac! Never tried Irish roads, too risky being in the Army at the time, but ran 5 International Police Rallies, all run on tarmac. FIA screwed things up. We used to run 450 mile events, yes, you read that right. Recce'd twice and run once. Those were the days!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts