Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 time Polish rally champion, and a runner up to the European championship crown Janusz Kulig died today. He was driving a Fiat Stilo a cross a railroad crossing around Krakow, unfortunately the rail road crossing gates were never lowered and he was hit by a train, after teh initial impact the car spun and hit an electrical pole, the car's engine was foun few hundred meters from the car. Janusz died a little after, while rescue workers was attempting to get to him, cutting the car apart with the jaws of life.

He will be missed by all of us, and our deepest sympathies go out to his family and friends.

He started in the Cherokee Trails rally in a Gr.N Lancer and almost won the whole even if not for a limping car blocking his way on one of the final stages of the rally.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I am totally heartbroken and shocked to hear about this tragedy. Janusz really was an incredible competitor and a phenomenal ambassador for our country, Poland. I would like to send out my most heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

We will miss You :(

Simon
Boise, ID

PS - Wietrzne Odpoczywanie. R.I.P.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Bringing Janusz rally in Canada this year was the only rally passion that I have had left after rallying, Toyota Prius in 2003.

It is a very sad day for rally in Poland and for those who have the chance meet such a nice guy. It is too hard for me says anything?

My heart goes to his family.

Jerry Maslanka

2003 Western Canada Rally Champion
Toyota Prius ? 2003 Canadian Rally Champion

1 - 8 of 8 Posts