Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Report from a Saab group is that both are recovering, James broken ankle due to be pinned and Gerry broken pelvis. Both are sharing a room at the hospital.
Richard

·
Registered
232 Posts
Alan,

James and Gerry are James Fox and Gerry Brinkman who were involved in separate accidents.

Charles Paulsen was co-driving with James but I understand that Charles' injuries were limited to bumps and bruises.

Steve McKelvie

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
Ack. That is what I was afraid of after I scanned the entry list. I have co-driven for both of them.

Are they both still in the hospital? Who should I contact about getting in touch with them?

alan

·
Registered
232 Posts
Alan,

Ethan Maas who is on this forum will likely know the details. Another thread says that they are in the Westchester County Medical Center.
I too have co-driven with James (we rolled at Black River Stages in 2002, had two flat tires, finished the rally, and we were not even last in class!). I know Gerry very well as we both own MGBs and trade stories of mechanical woe.

Steve McKelvie

·
NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!!
2,835 Posts
Just talked to James...

I just spoke with James. He's doing well. :) He says that some surgery on the ankle (pins and plates) after the swelling goes down, and some rehab, and he'll be good to go. His ankle problems are broken bones, and not ligament, so that sounds really good to me!

He's not planning on getting out of rally, and has been thinking about which parts are salvagable already!

Hang in there guys!!! :) :)

Anders

1 - 8 of 8 Posts