Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registrar - Sno*Drift
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sno*Drift 2014

It’s time to start getting ready for the Sno*Drift Rally which kicks off the 2014 Rally America National Championship. The Sno and Drift Regional Rallies will run concurrently.

Some key facts for 2014:

· Starts in Lewiston, MI the afternoon of January 24. Restarts in Atlanta the morning of January 25 and finishes at the Hillman Community Center that evening.

· The itinerary includes 20 stages totaling ~125 miles of recently plowed winter stage roads.

· Compact route takes place entirely within a 20 x 25 mile rectangular grid for easy service and convenient spectating (including service crews).

· Rally Headquarters and Competitor, Press, and Worker Registration will be at the Atlanta Senior Center (just .6 mi N of the M-32 / M-33 intersection).

· The shortest schedule (15 hours over two days) in the Championship with the greatest amount of stage time (140+ minutes for the “big dogs”).

· Efficient recce – without the conga line !

· One service park each day with ample space and time for repairs.

· Service crews can spectate several times if they have a small, mobile vehicle.

· Friends can spectate at any of 6 spectator spots with 11 viewing opportunities – many run back-to-back.

· No dust! No sunburn!

· Great party at the finish in a large (warm) hall.

· Best value for your entry $.

· Supplemental Regulations to be published the first week of November.

· Entry opens November 25th at the same or lower prices than 2013.

Go to the http://www.rally-america.com/ and http://www.sno-drift.org/ web sites for more information beginning early November.

See you in the snow in late January!

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts

·
Uh Oh, UH OH, UHH OHHH!!!
1,818 Posts
Can we define what "best value for your entry $" means?
Lots of QUALITY stage miles run over a compact route
Extremely well run event
Always runs on time
Very knowledgeable rally committee and volunteers

If you like snow events, this is a great rally.

Sure, people are going to have different ideas of what "best" means to them, but you won't find out for yourself unless you go. Seriously, top notch event.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Can we define what "best value for your entry $" means?
For me its $/mile, or in this case, $/seat time. If you run a Subaru, your entry is $300 less, and you'll get nearly 2.5-3 hours of seat time, which makes it a hell of a good value.

I'd like to do Sno*Drift again, but with how close it is to 100AW it'd be pressing my budget a bit too far. It's the times I wish that the events were more like 3-4 months apart, but hey can't win them all.

·
LSPR speccie/worker & YBJ fan
795 Posts
Al, did the organizers confirm that there will not be a Sno*Attack in 2014?

·
Registered
570 Posts
How about sleet? How about frostbite? ;)
Sleet and frostbite are event HIGHLIGHTS, Kent; you should know that... :cool: On the Facebook "Factsheet" posting, I added extensions for the "no sunburn" fact, by including no need for sunscreen and bug spray -- since I hate applying that stuff!

·
Registrar - Sno*Drift
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A number of people have asked about Sno*Attack.

The short answer is this special prize fund for two wheel drive vehicles is not available for 2014.

Sno*Attack was started when the Max-Attack Championship chose to not include the Sno*Drift rally. Sno*Drift established a special purse to help attract the large group of two wheel drive entries that focused on Max-Attack. Sponsorship allowed a sizeable purse to be paid for several years.

Max-Attack has ceased and the sponsorship that made possible the Sno*Attack purse is no longer available. Rather than promote the Sno*Attack as a scoring-only, no purse, special two-day contest for two wheel drive regional entries, Sno*Drift has decided to drop the concept for 2014.

·
Rally, Win, Drink Beer
895 Posts
Looking for a ride from the airport in Detroit to the Atlanta Senior Center on Wednesday...

It looks like the best flight for me arrives in Detroit around 2 p.m.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looking for a ride from the airport in Detroit to the Atlanta Senior Center on Wednesday...

It looks like the best flight for me arrives in Detroit around 2 p.m.
Nothing's set in stone yet, my work schedule changes almost daily sometimes but my plan right now is to leave from the airport area mid afternoon on Wednesday as well. If you can't find anyone else I could potentially give you a lift.

With the Sno*Attack announcement I doubt I will be making the trip as a driver, but I will be there and have all my gear and a license - does anyone need a co-driver? :cool:

·
Registrar - Sno*Drift
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Today is the last day to receive the early entry discount on National entries. After today the entry fee goes up to $2,000.

It is also the last day for the National Subaru discount of $500 for National entries. We still have a couple of spots open. Sorry, but all of the Regional Subaru spots are gone at this point.

Don't miss out on some good savings!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts