Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
The car is a P4 and will remain basically stock for now I understand. Byron Meston from Vancouver did the cage (very nice job). Also very good is that the driver, Andrew, had a very good head on his shoulder and drove to finish his first event. He was in 4th OA for a good part of the event till a flat tire set him back abit.
Mark
Organizer
Kananaskis Rally
www.rrunracing.com/kananaskis

·
Registered
215 Posts
ACP

Car is totally stock, Andrew even ran without odo as his Brantz wasn't ready. When I last saw it at 4pm Friday, seats were still on the floor, dash was still being trimmed to fit around rollcage, belts were still at the belt store etc.

So, I gave a big pep talk about going easy, not falling off road etc and what do I see....fast stage times!

Martin

·
Registered
67 Posts
That first stage was pretty sketchy for me. In all honesty I was wondering what the hell I was doing out there in a TT as the roads were slippy as hell and I wasn't used to the car yet in that setting. All I could think of was how different stages are to rallycross courses... both the speed is higher and you can't see anything that is coming with all those crests! By the second stage I was firmly convinced I was screwed as far as rallying went as we were travelling along the cliffs of powder face 2... but we passed a car and almost caught the next one! On stage 3 and 4 we were only a second behind Scott Trinder which was also a huge boost to my own moral because again we weren't taking any risks. Finding out that we had acheived fourth overall at the halfway point was totally cool... I don't think I've ever smiled that much hahaha!

Even hitting the rock was a cool experience... sitting on the side of a mountain in Alberta... snowy and beautiful... and VERY quiet except for the engine of the TT idling... it was sort of surreal... the front right wheel was on the ground with the tire sagging around it and there was steam pouring off it from the heat. The occasional rally car blasting past while changing to my ultra performance space saver doughnut was unreal... rallying is way too cool!!!

Anyways the car will be running in open class next year and I am VERY pleased with how things went. We are working out some cool sponsorship deals currently and I'll get to meet some of you guys out in Quebec this february since we'll be running as well.

Best Regards,

Andrew :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
hahaha now I'm plagued with thoughts of what could have been... I guess it's the typical "If only..." that pops up after any competition. If only I didn't hit that damn rock ;)

As Keith pointed out a fourth place finish was possible at the mornings pace and maybe with the increase in speed I was applying in the afternoon a third place was within reach... I'll have to take special care not to have problems like that again.

Anyways, I'll certainly drop by your tent to chat next February Andrew... it will certainly be fun to run against so many top drivers and I'm sure I'll learn a lot in the first couple events.

Best Regards and I'll see you in Quebec!

Andrew :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.