Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
I have a cat.
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I be looking at crating up my bike to send westward? Prolly shoulda brought it last weekend and thrown it in Bruce Davis' trailer.

Any east coast events coming for Rally Moto?

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Rally moto no go..at least for Olympus. We ran out of time to get all the details worked out. It is being considered for Wild West in the fall ( as far as Washington events )

Gene McCullough
Olympus Chief Scrutineer

·
Registered
274 Posts
Whoa!? Bikes in rallies? Sign me up.

Sounds like the events fell through, but I'd love to talk to the people involved. I'd really like to try and sneak something like this into LSPR if I can.

The 27bhp and 70mph top speed of the TTR-250 is just itching to take on a rally or two as well. :7

Edit: OK, looks like it's a NASA thing. No Rally Moto for LSPR then....

·
NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!!
2,835 Posts
As an update, this is a go for Sandblast Rally 2007 in South Carolina in February. We're taking entries now... who wants to be the first person in the country to enter a RallyMoto event? ;)

The bike prep rules were posted a couple months ago:
http://nasarallysport.com/rules.php

See you in the sand!

Cheers,
Anders

·
I have a cat.
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll put it over on Supermotojunkie.com, advrider.com, thumpertalk.com, and ktmtalk.com for ya!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Anders do you have any fliers for the rally moto portion of the event yet. I would like to get them upat some of the places locally that MX, enduro, and adventure types frequent. In casual conversation there is a lot of interest but more detail is needed.

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts
I am considering this on a WR250F & may be bringing a road bike junky/XR rider to the mix also.

·
Registered
415 Posts
say ya there cuz, maybe

I'm hoping to have my new bike in time for the event as well, just not sure I want to pull it all the way out there on the same weekend as a local enduro... But it would be fun to run Burmeister, Burmeister for the first Moto Rally event in the US.

Are you jonez'n for the new ktm 990 adventure too?!

·
I have a cat.
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Anders!

Went to the site, but couldn't find a definitive schedule. What are the scheduled hours of this event... I don't have my HID set up on the bike yet...just the crappy (but legal) headlamp setup. If there is a chance we'll be running after dark, I have some wiring to do with a new stator and regulator/rectifier to get DC power/rally lights.

Thanks,
Lurch

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Hey Lurch,

Even if the official sked has things ending up in daylight, as a well prepared rallier I'd suggest that you be planning on this anyway. Any delay in the operations would make it might near impossible to avoid running in the dark.

Regards,
Mark B.

·
Registered
415 Posts
My ride (only ordered at this point) is a bmw f650 Dakar. I saw you photos of you on your KTM. Nice

I'm still thinking about turning my order over and waiting for a KTM 990 adventure, but I want something I can ride to work this spring instead of having to way.

Either way, I'm hoping to start saving my money so I can do a two month ride from Houston to Argentina and back.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The f650 dakar is a nice bike if you want to ride on the street also. I wish that I bought the used on a looked at 2 months ago. My klr650 is starting to look worn.

The 990 adventure is heavy. I keep thinking about it but imagine it to be a real pig offroad.

·
I have a cat.
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
jeff burmeister said:
...but I want something I can ride to work this spring instead of having to way.
When I graduated from college ('94), my first job was designing neon signs for a big neon factory. I lived in a pole barn (honest) a few miles by fire road from the company. I rode my YZ250 (2-stroke) back and forth to work most of the summer (by trail...a railroad bed went right to the factory). Nice stress reliever for lunch hour as there was a powerline with jumps and big hill climbs halfway between home and work.

That was when I could pack everything I owned (sans Yamaha) in or on my rusted out 81 Subaru wagon, and the bike/gas can on a teeny trailer behind. Simple days.

(Yes, I owned a Subaru. :) )

Getting back to simple, the 520 works great. With a caliper reloc. bracket I can change between smoto and mx in minutes. I got a second set of forks so now I can get a complete second brake setup that stays bled with a 6 pot front for the pavey and dedicated suspension. Should still swap in under 10 minutes with practice if chain lengths are kept compatible (similar gearing on both rear wheels).

My Katoom is my playbike, trailbike, road bike, touring bike (sore butt), and trackbike. It's been equally at home on the pave at Barber Motorsport in AL as it was on the Red Bud national motocross track.

Get your mits on SOMETHING before Sandblast!

·
2,835 Posts
Clean RC said:
ok how can I service and ride the rally moto at the same time...
At the same rally? This is about as impossible as being a rally driver and crewing for someone else at the same time... in fact, it's exactly as impossible.

Sorry mate. :(

Anders

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Well - IF one plans on DNFing then this is not impossible.

anders8 said:
At the same rally? This is about as impossible as being a rally driver and crewing for someone else at the same time... in fact, it's exactly as impossible.
press on,

·
2,835 Posts
So Jimmy, DNFing, eh? Sounds just like some sneaky codriving trick you would pull! ;) 8) You codrivers will stop at nothing to win, even if it means DNFing! :D

Anders

1 - 20 of 41 Posts