Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on Sat April 23 the OKSCCA will be running the first SoloCross event in the USA and If any rally guys from the area want to come out please feel free.

What is SoloCross? It's rallyX on tarmac but with a few slight changes, and also we can not call it Rally in the SCCA if it is on Tarmac/ paved surface.

How does it work: imagine a solo course but when you leave the start line you go through a gate. At the gate you can either run the course clockwise or anticlockwise. For soloCross: run 1 clockwise, run 2 anticlockwise, run 3 clockwise, run 4 anticlockwise. Times are added like rallyX. A navigator is allowed to help you navigate the course as Solo rules.

If you can make it hope to see you there.

Stuart

·
Registered
765 Posts
Cool! so would you let rally guys hang it out a bit, they frown on that around here.....

·
Jedi
152 Posts
Sounds a bit like American Gymkhana. I'm interested in seeing the video!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Por que no dirt? You all had a great turnout for your reentry into rallycross. This sounds far more like an evolution of solo2 than rallycross? Am I wrong? My pig Oskar wouldn't be much fun playing Ken Block.

Schedule a full season of rallycross, se how the attendance holds or dosen't. I'll be there.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we are working on the dirt

Both Tulsa and OKC are working on dirt events but this hopefully will be a entry event for solo drivers to try getting dirty later.

stuart

·
Jedi
152 Posts
Why do they frown on it?
Wreckless driving by idiots has ruined autocross for everyone except small groups. At past events kids in AWD/RWD cars have almost killed themselves/course workers.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
No word on how it went? Sorry we didn't make it down... Easter weekend and all.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rained out

storming weather at 8am forced it to be cancelled, will try again next month. Tulsa is having a rallyX, on dirt, july 30 and 31.

stuart

1 - 9 of 9 Posts