Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
New to dirt
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I talked to the onwer of PGP Motorsports Park about doing RallyCross and he was interested.

This is the place where Rally America put on the Press Stage for the Olympus Rally back in April.

The facility has gravel and tarmac and I can see that people with nice street cars would not want to run on gravel.

So, I am trying to find out if there is interest for having a RallyCross type event at this location.

Chris
ChristopherMason (at) gmail.com

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hi all,

I talked to the onwer of PGP Motorsports Park about doing RallyCross and he was interested.

This is the place where Rally America put on the Press Stage for the Olympus Rally back in April.

The facility has gravel and tarmac and I can see that people with nice street cars would not want to run on gravel.

So, I am trying to find out if there is interest for having a RallyCross type event at this location.

Chris
ChristopherMason (at) gmail.com
I'm for any rallycross that's closer to home for me than Hillsboro. I remember being there and found the field a bit small but it might be do-able.

·
Head first, balls deep!
706 Posts
let's get it straight. by your initial post, i think you may be talking about Rally Car Rallycross. as in the stuff back east... But reading Ed's reply.. are you talking about SCCA rallycross?

·
Registered
765 Posts
I think he is talking SCCA style, as PGP wont let door to door I think. I would be down if it uses the big jump!

·
Something clever
821 Posts
You might get people interested but if you're using the upper portion that was used for the demo, they're not going to do it twice. Those rocks are huge.

·
New to dirt
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am not proposing 4 cars going door to door.

I'm not sure if PGP would be up for having an SCCA run event or not.

I was thinking of either all gravel or 1/2 and 1/2 gravel and tarmac.

PGP has done timed events with their lap attack series so doing timed runs seems totally doable.

I realize that this site is best suited to prepared cars and beaters but I know there are folks with such vehicles that would like to get some seat time.

·
dirtydrifters.com
55 Posts
"Build it and they will come!" Looks like a great new venue for the pnw. What about holding a c1 event up there?

·
Registered
765 Posts
we used to run a huge grass track for the hare scrambles there, I wonder if they would let the rally cars do it?

·
Head first, balls deep!
706 Posts
man if they ran an 'scca STYLE' rallycross there, using 50/50 gravel/tarmac, that would be SOOO fun! Make it like some invitational/exhibition event kinda thing. Or a regular ;)

·
New to dirt
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, the feedback I have gotten from folks who have already run cars here is that it is not viable.

There are plans to harvest more gravel over the next 2 years and Paul the owner mentioned bringing in top soil after that to create a good surface.

So, makes this another venue to keep an eye on.

·
Registered
246 Posts
We've already talked to Paul (owner of PGP) about doing rallycross when I was organizing the Olympus press event in April. A few local rallycrossers went to try out the course and the verdict is that it's too rocky and the course is pretty small once you drive it (~30 sec runs). Only prepped cars or beaters would survive it since it was spitting up good sized rocks.

Paul is VERY interested in having rallycross there, but I don't think it's suitable. Autocross would be better...and he's talked to people about setting something up there as well.
~La' Akea

1 - 17 of 17 Posts