Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
INITIATIVE: Meeting of competitors at Tall Pines to discuss founding Competitors' Committee

Please see related link on the reason for this message at http://www.specialstage.com/forum/cgi-bin/DCForumID4/679.html

I'd like to hold an informal meeting at Tall Pines to sound out the potential for founding a Competitors' Committee with a voice for competitors across the country to communicate more effectively their interests to CARS.

There's no really good time during a rally but I suggest 5:00pm on Friday Nov.19. This is after the sponsor rides but before scrutineering reopens so hopefully there's a calm half hour for all of us.

Let me know your thoughts by responding here or emailing musketeerracing(at)yahoo.com

ACP
Flirting with the laws of physics.

Edit: to add that this meeting is not intended to be associated with any entity (the rally, organizers, CARS, etc) except the stakeholders in Canadian rally: competitors.

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
RE: INITIATIVE: Meeting of competitors at Tall Pines to discuss founding Competitors' Committee

Any News?
I heard a rumour about a tentative organisation being formed, and that Jon Nichols was chosen to lead it ...

·
Registered
665 Posts
RE: INITIATIVE: Meeting of competitors at Tall Pines to discuss founding Competitors' Committee

Hi Keith,

There was a meeting Friday evening. Jon was selected, I believe, as an initial representative to get the thing off the ground, a french speaking woman (sorry, didn't get her name) was selected as the F.S. rep. There were differing points of view, but it was encouraging to see the creation of a general consensus.

There was a fair amount of talk about potential sensitivity of information and specifically who the organization would represent - all of this to be determined, but the idea of the organization representing license holders seemed to predominate. There was some question over ex-SCCA lic. holders and whether they should hold CARS licences in order to have a voice - no useful alternatives seemed to be put forth on that account. Note that I'm not trying to start a discussion *here* - just trying to give an idea of what occured to those who couldn't make it.

There was a sign-up sheet passed around - Name, Phone, Email - presumably to facilitate and appropriate avenue of communication.

I suggest you and any other CARS series competitors email ACP to get on the list and hopefully more discussion will occur.

Robin

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

The meeting was essentially as Robin describes. Very useful. A number of people made very good comments.

We did begin an email list. If you weren't there and would like to be on it please email me at musketeerracing(at)yahoo.com

More updates soon.

ACP
Flirting with the laws of physics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts