Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
?The maximum number of entries will be limited to 35 cars in the order of receipt of entries. The organizers reserve the right to refuse any entry. Entries will be accepted until 14:30 on Friday June 13, 2003?

Paul,

What criteria you are going use when refuse the entries?

Thanks,

Jerry

·
Registered
497 Posts
Doesn't that mean after the first 35 entrants come in, then no more will be taken? Thats the way I see it.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Mmm. I see it as the right to refuse any entry, for any reason. Pretty standard stuff for any event, not just rallies. If you buy a concert ticket to Bon Jovi (god forbid) the organizer reserves the right to refuse your entry to the actual event, subject to refunding you your money. Every rally I've seen has been the same.

ACP
www.musketeerracing.com
Flirting with the laws of physics.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Andrew, I understand the organizers right and agree about it.

How I understand right to refuse rally entry?

#1 factor seeds than? whatever is left (members of the organizing club, local competitors, foreign competitors). As inexperienced ?team manager? I never thought about this issue. But there must be reason that decision to refuse is based on?

Jerry

·
Registered
935 Posts
A brief glimpse through the rulebook, and i'd think it would be to reserve the right to exlude things like drivers with outstanding penalties, marshall abusers, teams under inquiry.....anything that could make for lots of trouble, when they've got plenty of other people looking to get it. Seems kinda basic.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Paddy,

This makes sense but what about if everybody is perfect and "first come first service" formula applies.
From my short experience, I see that you may enter the rally on ?five to twelve? formula. Paid the penalty fee and you are in. In my case I have to find sponsor for each rally and basically stick to ?five to twelve? formula. I see Pacific as the different story because all other rallies almost double the number of entrance. For me to make the hotel reservation in advance, find the sponsors, organize crew and learn 2 days before rally or in Merrit on day of registration ?We are sorry? would be disaster.

If I would know in advance the basic criteria, I can make decision knowing that only 35 teams are allow and I am in risk by planning placing the team and sponsors in this event. From talking to some people who organizing rallies in west, about 40 teams are excepting in west rallies and reading some post on USA forum some teams from south are coming only to Pacific?that does not sound good for my planning and "five to tvelve" formula.

Jerry

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You never know?anything could surprise me in Canadian Rally. I still did not get the duct type in my mail box so?still enjoy organizing the team but is harder every month and... sometimes funny. There is rumors about me and Yokohama where?we are planning to enter BigHorn having tires donated to our Charitable Team by Yokohama Canada. It was a Yokohama great recognition and certainly we are looking forward to prove the quality of their tires above let?s say Pirelli.

I meet a few folks from BC and I don?t think that they may carry bad blood when making the decision to refuse the entries to anyone. We kick their buts on the last Regional rallies and looking again to do this on their territory in Merrit ?again.:D

Jerry

·
Registered
215 Posts
Jerry

Kicked butt on the regional rallies. . . how many championship classes were won by BC drivers last year? Well. let's see.

Overall, Scott Trinder from BC
Production over, Scott Trinder and Bob Trinder
Production Under, Me, and Dennis Wende.:)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The true is?that was a one-time present from Alberta to support you... :p ;)

The 3 Subaru?s look good on Totem web site and most likely all Canada is guessing who is going seat there, or?Andrew bought it for 3 Musketeers Team (Andrew no offence;-).

Anyway, I hope Ken will let me to enter the rally... if not I will rent one of the Subaru..and will try to drive it. Why not?

Jerry

·
Registered
149 Posts
Jerry,
Why are you bringing this up? Do you think you will be refused entry? Why would you, you have a valid car and licenced eam so what is the problem? Or do you?

I hope that we have lots of US competitors to see how nice it is to run the Canadian events. More competitors the better.

Ken is his first name BTW. And as far as ralling competition goes, its not AB VS BC vs east coast. We are a big "family" or we should be.

I dont normally reply to your posts but I felt I wanted to in this case.

Mark

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Jerry,

If it were me in this situation ...... I'd send the entry form etc in "really" early and if you have to, withdraw before the 48 hour window and get your money back. (As per the National GCR's 4.9 on page A-9) ..... just to be safe.

The 'right to refuse entry' is there for the very reason of unpaid fines, nsf cheques, etc.

Shawn Bishop

Rocky Mountain Rally
http://www.rockymountainrally.com
Calgary, Alberta
May 23-24, 2003

·
Registered
730 Posts
35 Car Entry Limit

There are two reasons for the 35 car entry limit:

1) The available space at our in-town service park is limited. We're working on alternatives, but this is what we have so far.

2) The schedule is designed so that the spectator stage repeats after about 45 minutes. With 35 cars, this will make a good, almost continuous show for the fans. With more than that, we would have to modify the schedule, and that starts to affect plans for the banquet and the podium finish.

There is definitely no conspiracy to exclude entries. If it looks like we will get more than 35 entries, we will work as hard as possible to extend that limit and accomodate everyone, but it takes time and effort, and advance planning.

If we're at 30 a few days before the event, and 10 more entries arrive at the last minute, then it's too late to rearrange the schedule and find a new service park, and so #36-40 (in order of receipt) would be refunded their entries and sent home.

So, please enter as early as possible, to help us with our planning. You can have confidence that your entry will be accepted, barring extreme circumstances like nsf cheques. If you have entered early, you will not be bumped by a later entry.

By the way, I drove the two new stages yesterday, and I think that the teams will LOVE them! All in all, this is shaping up to be really fun and challenging rally.

Paul Westwick
Clerk of the Course, Pacific Forest Rally

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RE: 35 Car Entry Limit

Thank you Paul,

Just want to add that I truly like the Valley and scenery when driving from Calgary to Merrit.
I will try to be there and as Shawn suggested I might always get my money back 48 hours before Rally.

Jerry

·
Registered
63 Posts

Jerry:

You seem to thrive on controversy .... that most of the time doesn't exist !!! GO WITH THE FLOW....take a chill pill.

"It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Richard Michaluk
Day Trippers Pro Rally Team

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Richard,

Thomas J.Watson once said;

"Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker.
Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy.
Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot'
than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that
seem important to you, stand up and be counted
at any cost.

He built IBM for 42 years. Throughout his life he maintained a deep interest in international relations.He entertained kings, presidents, prime ministers and ambassadors when they visited New York City.
This is my first year in Canadian Rally and...looking for more.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts