Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching the replay of Cyprus tonight it occured to me that several cars rolled and restarted their engines either still on their side or even on their roof. These cars obviously do not have a fuel pump inertia switch like a road car. Have any of you removed your inertia switches? If so why? Does the in-car master kill switch eliminate the need for the "automatic" stock inertia switch? Should I just leave well enough alone and worry about more important things?

·
Old Fart
560 Posts
A good driver engages the clutch so he doesn't stall the engine when he rolls. ;) ;)
Paul Jaeger
PRIMO Stage Crews
For a Good Time, Call PRIMO!

·
Registered
131 Posts
The inertia switch (on Fords anyway) kills the power to the fuel pump if it senses a significant jolt. Had mine shut off a few years ago in my 5.0L mustang during an autocross when my nitrous bottle came adrift and smacked into it. The switch interpreted the jolt as an accident and shut power off to the pump (like a circuit breaker, sorta.)

I can see no reason to keep it, assuming you have a master battery cutoff within reach for major ooopsies.

You gonna have that thing together enough to come run Tarmac Express?

Brian Flanagan
Fastech #842 G2 BMW 323is:7

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
>I can see no reason to keep it, assuming you have a master
>battery cutoff within reach for major ooopsies.

Thats what I thought.

>You gonna have that thing together enough to come run Tarmac
>Express?

That is the plan. It wont be ready for June, but I had all along targeted Sept. as my first event. If all goes well I should be there. Heck, so long as I have the safety part, cage, fire gear, I'll run it with whatever I've got done by then as far as performance goes. I'm really just looking to finish and get a couple events under my belt before I get too caught up in going fast. Sandhills '03 is the first event where I plan to run for real, and not just finish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts