Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to thank you for the input and objective responses regarding our new website. Your input has been greatly appreciated and will help us in evolving the site to meet your needs. I purposly asked for the site to be launched knowing it needed many tweaks and features because I felt it was the best way to get member feedback.
Will it ever be perfect? Never! Will it continue to improve and evolve? Absolutley!
Thank you again for your input and committement to the great sport of Rally.
(I will continue to monitor Special Stage.Com as I feel it is an informative site that helps me keep my finger on the pulse of the sport.)
Steve Johnson

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
626 Posts
Thank you Mr. Johnson for showing interest.
It is a delight that the SCCA President takes to our division, as we were called, "The Burden Part" of the SCCA.

Whiplash RallyeSport

·
Registered
202 Posts
It seems like a functional framework. A dynamic site can be an improvement on static stuff like the old SCCA site.

In the rally section, I'd like to see a collection of resources for organizers, including the ops manual, graphics and guidelines for their use, etc., perhaps renaming the "Forms" section "Organizers" and adding the additional info -- perhaps breaking "Forms" into "Organizers" and "Competitors", listing ID packages, rulebooks and whatnot.

It loads a bit slowly, even on broadband. It look to me to be a consequence of serving up many small files to show one page. I suggest switching from button images to text.

andy
--
Viva la ProleRalliat!

·
Registered
967 Posts
The most important thing you could do is simple, just put a referral on your old domain to point all of that web traffic to the new site.

To see the problem, go to the Land-O-Lakes Region site and click the SCCA Home Page link. Without a referral, you're creating thousands (at least) of dead links like this one. Some of these dead links are at the SCCA regional sites. You might try an announcement on the old SCCA webmasters list to reach that group. Many of these links are beyond your organizational reach. Until hundreds (at least) of individual web lackies get the word that we must all modify all of our SCCA links to route traffic to your new URL, you have a business problem.

Old URLs never die, but they'll frustrate your potential customers for years.

Jim Culp
prorallypix.com
certified web old timer

·
Registered
94 Posts
>get member feedback.

Only in the introductory sentence for road rally do you hint at the rally "team" of driver and co-driver (navigator). Neither the club or pro rally pages mention anything about team structure... or that a navigator/co-driver is a necessary part of the team.

I'd like to see more information available for those who want to rally but don't want to drive the car.

It's a team sport and should be portrayed as such.

-Amy Feistel
Co-driver, Linaracing.com

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
>(I will continue to monitor Special Stage.Com as I feel it
>is an informative site that helps me keep my finger on the
>pulse of the sport.)
>Steve Johnson

Thanks for coming on the site, and looking for info. I lost a fair amount of repsect for SCCA, and think it was somewhat of a significant failure over the last few years for SCCA to not pay more serious attention to input from, and the mood of, folks on this site, and in the rank-and-file US rally community in general. This is not the be-all and end-all of the US rally world, but sure has a lot of the rank & file, hobby oriented ralliers postings and exchanging info and views. And a few of the more racing biz oreinted folks too....

Your approach to taking the 'pulse' of things from here is a smart thing to do. SCCA should maintain it's processes (as a chartered club, it has to) and update those as needed to keep up. But it always takes information and understanding well beyond any processes to run things well, and I hope you can spare the time to observe, listen, and occasionally post to let us know you are there. And, take heed that sometimes folks get a bit heatedly passionate in the exchanges here, but we all try to step back and take it as an indication of the overall passion and enthusiasm of ralliers in general. Probably stuff you already know!.....but welcome anyway.

Mark Bowers
(OBTW, 24 year SCCA Member, & Charter Member, Blue Ridge Region)

·
Registered
706 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts