Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Cheddarwagen Pilot
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the fence. For me, it's 600 miles closer than Idaho, but 500 miles further than STPR.

The biggest downside is it only gives me a month to get the car ready for Ojibwe.

So, who's in? Good competition has always been a motivator for me.

·
ITURNRT
2,061 Posts
Well, I was planning on LSPR regardless and my 3rd event is up in the air. I was planning on STPR since it's the 2nd closest R-A event next to Sno*Drift. And it spreads out my 3 race season pretty even.

As for towing from the Detroit area, 800 miles to NEFR, 900 to Ojib and 450 to STPR. I know my co-driver has some odd vacation hours this year so that would be the kicker if anything.

If I had to choose NEFR or Ojib, I'd say Ojib because it's the final round and I can get east/west competition. Plus my GF's sister lives in Madison, and my Mom/Sister live in Chicago so it gives half way points to break up the tow. Plus Ojib is regional points.

As things go, I'm still undecided. But it seems my choices are between STPR and Ojib.

But I don't even know the entry fees for STPR, NEFR, Ojib so that will factor in as well.

·
left 6 through dip into weeds
279 Posts
Provided we survive Lanark and Black Bear, we're planning on bringing the Z up to Maine. Thanks R-A, for accepting NASA licenses!
Greg Healey

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I really really hope to do Idaho this year. Depends on how well i can budget and not breaks things on my car. :) from the pics and write ups it seems like a great event (I'm based out of tahoe)

·
Cheddarwagen Pilot
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But I don't even know the entry fees for STPR, NEFR, Ojib so that will factor in as well.
Last year fees were $850 for STPR, $800 for NEFR and $1100 for Ojib.

As far as points, you get 5 out of region coeff. so as long as you don't do STPR and NEFR you'll get the points.

I'm definitely in for Ojib, and I'm leaning towards doing NEFR at this point, too.

·
Surrender the Booty.
2,149 Posts
Ojibwe is also a co-ef 6 event, so you get extra mileage for your money.

I believe the fees have also been higher over the last few years due to low entry with both the X Games and MaxAttack!!! coming just before the event. I suspect that the fees this year will be lower if they expect the high number of entries that the final round of MaxAttack!!! will insure.

·
ITURNRT
2,061 Posts
Ojibwe is also a co-ef 6 event, so you get extra mileage for your money.

I believe the fees have also been higher over the last few years due to low entry with both the X Games and MaxAttack!!! coming just before the event. I suspect that the fees this year will be lower if they expect the high number of entries that the final round of MaxAttack!!! will insure.

Well, I'm at 14 right now so I really only need 4 more to get my unlimited license. I guess from a miles to dollar ratio it seems it's actually on par with a co-ef 5 event with the extra cost.

But we'll see. I really need to sit down with my co-driver and find what's best for him. If all else, we could skip out on LSPR but that's the last thing that I would want to do.

·
Cheddarwagen Pilot
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ojib was two C3 events, but at $550 each, they were the two most expensive C3's on the central region schedule.

·
Loose nut behind the wheel
1,074 Posts
I have been told that the regional entry fee for Ojibwe will be lower this year than last. That is third hand information but I regard it as accurate.

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
Bump.

STPR entry list is chock-full of 2wd:

Sorensen Saab99 (and currently on NEFR entrylist)
Perrin Jeep
Hansen Neon
Dekar Focus (and currently on NEFR entrylist)
Tuglu Focus
Stevens Swift (withdrew from STPR)
Malone Conquest (hopefully just needed a turbo after STPR)
Wiggin VW (and currently on NEFR entrylist)

Hopefully, Duplessis, Nichols, Havas, Healey, Morris, McFadyen, Hordijk, Ferreira, Simsek, Frick, and maybe some quazy Quebecers. I just posted the MaxAttack! info on the Quebec rally forum so we'll see.

Bling and the Cheddarwagon are also on the current NEFR entrylist

·
Old Fart
560 Posts
C'mon, Dave. As a codriver, I thought you would have noticed Duplessis listed as a codriver for Wiggin.

Bump.

STPR entry list is chock-full of 2wd:

Sorensen Saab99
Malone Conquest
Detota VW
Wiggin ? (guessing VW or Mazda3)
Knox ? (guessing VW or Mazda3)

Hopefully, Duplessis, Nichols, Havas, Healey, Morris, McFadyen, Hordijk, Ferreira, Simsek, Frick, and maybe some quazy Quebecers.

·
I have a cat.
3,676 Posts
Unprecedented.

When was the last time a privateer could turn a PROFIT on rallying?

$400 entry fee
$50 MaxAttack! entry
$350 to buy a pair of fresh tires for the driving end
$200 for truck fuel (depending on where you are)
$210 for race fuel
$180 fleabag motel...cram in with your buddies...bring a can of Oust.

Get your navvie to pitch in for the notes.

Total= $1390

Win MaxAttack! and earn $1500!

You just got paid $110 to go rallying, m'friend! Plus the admiration of your peers, friends, and loved ones. Members of the opposite sex will swoon. Your sworn enemies will turn green with envy as you walk off the stage with the oversize novelty check.

Do it!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Race fuel? I just saved myself $210 for runing on 87. Now instead I came out $320 on top! Exept it will take me 1 day and 4 hours (according to Google) to drive the 1709 miles.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts