Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally I keep my mouth shut, play the political game but today's announcement really bothers me.

I just spent $220 to renew my "ProRally" license that expired in September. You can't tell me that the SCCA just came up with this idea to drop ProRally today. They sold me a 1 year competition license that has no value after Dec 31, 2004.

I think the honorable thing to do is to pro-rate the cost of my license through the end of the year and refund my money. If the SCCA cannot live up to thier end of the contract shouldn't I be entitled to a refund?

If the SCCA sold me a license knowing there wouldn't be a 2005 season, isn't that considered FRAUD?

I don't want to hear that my license will be honored by the "new" sanctioning body....Maybe I don't want to compete under the new sanctioning body.

I know the license is just a minor cost but there is a principle here.

Chris Whiteman
Formerly SCCA ProRally #143

·
Registered
119 Posts
Me too. Just upgraded to ProRally. :(

>Normally I keep my mouth shut, play the political game but
>today's announcement really bothers me.
>
>I just spent $220 to renew my "ProRally" license that
>expired in September. You can't tell me that the SCCA just
>came up with this idea to drop ProRally today. They sold me
>a 1 year competition license that has no value after Dec 31,
>2004.
>
>I think the honorable thing to do is to pro-rate the cost of
>my license through the end of the year and refund my money.
>If the SCCA cannot live up to thier end of the contract
>shouldn't I be entitled to a refund?
>
>If the SCCA sold me a license knowing there wouldn't be a
>2005 season, isn't that considered FRAUD?
>
>I don't want to hear that my license will be honored by the
>"new" sanctioning body....Maybe I don't want to compete
>under the new sanctioning body.
>
>I know the license is just a minor cost but there is a
>principle here.
>
>Chris Whiteman
>Formerly SCCA ProRally #143

·
Registered
356 Posts
>Now I'm stuck, my license is up to be renewed and I've
>already agreeded to Co-drive at LSPR. Now what do I do?
>
>David

Send in your payment in full for the license, after the event, request a refund. You should have no problem.

·
Registered
356 Posts
oops, should have written "partial refund"...

In any case, I had no problem with a similar scenario about a year ago. The scca handled it very well.

·
Registered
397 Posts
>Now I'm stuck, my license is up to be renewed and I've
>already agreeded to Co-drive at LSPR. Now what do I do?
>
SUFFER!!!!!!!!
}>

John Lane
Viva Le Pro Le Ralliat

·
Registered
625 Posts
I called Sue R today about this issue as I need to renew my licsense for LSPR, but dont know if I want a RALLY AMERICA lic yet as I may go to NASA or CARS..... She said I one time lic fee may be a option... She said ill have a answer friday......

Larry

·
Registered
901 Posts
Rally America says that they will honor the SCCA licenses and memberships at least through 2005, so it looks like you screwed up by asking for a refund.

I guess I'm just a little bit blase about the whole "sky falling" bit-- we are getting enough of that with the volcano and the breathless rock by rock, steam puff by steam puff coverage by the over-zealous news journalists.

Hey, guys! Here's an idea! Wait for the dust to settle before ditching your SCCA stuff! Gasp! Shock! Horror!

:) If I hear one more reporter ask about when we can expect the lava flows, I'm going to call them myself and explain the difference between Mt St Helens and the Hawaiian volcanoes. Grrrr.... :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
So Kristen when is the lava going to flow?
Heehee.......I remember watching StHelens doing her little temper tamtrum all too well back in 1980.
So the sky might just fall upon you if the wind is just so.....
Little gritty bits at a time.

John Lane
Viva Le Pro Le Ralliat

1 - 13 of 13 Posts