Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I'm drinking Folgers because it's all I've got.

Start your own business based on selling whatever you are passionate about (hereafter forestry). Grow a huge network and just keep having coffee and talking about forestry with every guy or gal you meet having breakfast at counter of the greasy spoon with the circular stool seats. Always fire up your chainsaw (372XP) whenever you are around wood and/or people. Cut some wood everyday and keep your chain and your wits as sharp as you can, even if that's just sorta dull. Soon people will be asking you about forestry and then you can talk a bit and have coffee time(kavvi aikka??) which gets everyone in a good mood and makes for more chatting about forestry.

Buy a car, like an RX7, that is not heavily in demand in the rally scene. Low demand = lots of free parts. RX7s aren't cool so everyone is ditching them. What you miss in contingency money you will make up for in lower expense.

Next take your uncool car and smash it up a little so everyone who sees it knows you need parts. Keep talking wood and having kavvi aikka and soon you will find someone who needs to get rid of some RX7s. Give them a hug and tell them thanks.

It's not actually that cheap I guess, but it's a quick way to go from no rally junk in your yard to a bunch, which means you are once again deep with the Tony Soprano of motorsports. Like my boy Marshall I'm so glad to be back, when the trees I smack get a little bit black from the smack of my tire on the back of my Mazda that was off the main track oh no my Bondo cracked where are my triangles at? Why is Cizmas at the back of the pack like a buck with a big rack taking turns with the rest of the pack?

If any of you want to talk about wood and forestry and drink coffee just come find me or keep your ears open. I'm probably nearby blathering about wildlife habitat, stewardship plans, and regenerating stems per acre, and thinnings and fun stuff.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
jake,

we need to get you down to my parents forest/farm in Rochester one of these days this fall.

we have a rally cross "track," so you can fire up the mazda and the chainsaw, have some coffee and talk about trees all in one place.

seriously we should try and work something out.

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
For those of you who don't speak Himese, allow me to translate:

Jake smacked his new RX-7 into a couple trees, and out of pity people starting giving him free cars that they had laying around the yard.

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
>For those of you who don't speak Himese, allow me to
>translate:
>
>Jake smacked his new RX-7 into a couple trees, and out of pity
>people starting giving him free cars that they had laying
>around the yard.
>
>Dennis Martin
>[email protected]
>920-432-4845
so, how was the screaming saturn for you?

·
which left?
1,621 Posts
Well, my Husqvarna is just a bitty lil' thing (142), but I fired it up in the UP last Friday to wish Jake luck. I guess I need a bigger saw for that to work :)

Good to see you're back on the stages, hoping to be there for LSPR (The Ottawa is just barely starting to turn down around Iron River and the views and weather were beautiful).

--
Mark Holden
KC0SUW

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
<<<< we have a rally cross "track," so you can fire up the mazda and the chainsaw, have some coffee and talk about trees all in one place. >>>>

As long as you don't try to do all four things at once!

Can't see me in your mirrors?
I must be in front of you!

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
><<<< we have a rally cross "track," so you can fire up the
>mazda and the chainsaw, have some coffee and talk about trees
>all in one place. >>>>
>
>As long as you don't try to do all four things at once!
>
>
>Can't see me in your mirrors?
> I must be in front of you!

here is a mental image you have just put in my head:

jake and i in his rx-7, each w/a camelback full of coffee, driving through the woods at my folks place w/the husky fastened to the hood w/a remote throttle switch for it. all while testing out a new intercom system.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Greg

My sis lives in Rotch. I need to pick up some cars in the cities anyway.

Call me at 218 393 5077 and we should get something worked out.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
>For those of you who don't speak Himese, allow me to
>translate:
>
>Jake smacked his new RX-7 into a couple trees, and out of pity
>people starting giving him free cars that they had laying
>around the yard.
>
>Dennis Martin
>[email protected]
>920-432-4845

Dennis

The real nugget here is that people HAVE spare RX7s lying around.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
>Greg
>
>My sis lives in Rotch. I need to pick up some cars in the
>cities anyway.
>
>Call me at 218 393 5077 and we should get something worked
>out.

how many himes are there?

i dont know when it work out but i will definatley see what we can do.

my dad LOVES his little forest. they live on about 40 acres, 25-30 of which is mildly maintained forest w/small ponds and a river running through it. we used to have a water crossing but all the rain this summer washed it out. ask mark utecht and mike wray about it. mark idled, mike blasted.

·
Registered
342 Posts
>how many himes are there?

Ma and pa had five kids, all boys 'cept fer sis. T'ree uh'dem boys got kids. Jake got da most cause he had a bunch at once. Scrap Iron and da oldest brother Adam are catchin' up doe.

-matti (ain't ne'r gonna have kids cause I know what dey do to da littlest one when pa ain't 'round) himes

·
Registered
342 Posts
>(The Ottawa is just barely starting to turn down around
>Iron River and the views and weather were beautiful).

*sigh*

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
>my dad LOVES his little forest.

That's the best kind of landowner. Sounds like you guys have a great Family Forest. It's fun to walk in the woods with folks who have put lots of care and time into their forest.

they live on about 40 acres,
>25-30 of which is mildly maintained forest w/small ponds and a
>river running through it. we used to have a water crossing
>but all the rain this summer washed it out.

Maybe we can do some repairs. It's very important to stabilize that soil.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts