Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think in order to get more volunteers at event you need to make sure that they can spectate a little too. sure everyone may not get to watch the delta at lspr or the cross roads at OFPR or whatever cool stage you have at your local rally. it cant help to have the first rally a guy ever attends and he decides to volunteer and help out but is stuck at HQ all day and has to wait untill next spring for the next rally in his area.bannering set up and tear down are underrated and understaffed jobs. sure the roads are open and you have to behave but you get to go on them first and learn how to read a route book. i loved that job last year at ofpr and will try to do it again if i can. marshalling is great too and we definately need more of them at every rally.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Brenda and I got to Banner two stages at Sno*Drift this year, and despite the late hour, and darkness, we had a great time!

At headwaters, we and Mike Bodnar went out and ran through the 'land locked' or 'stage-locked' roads. At least as much fun as bannering!

At Sno*Drift we worked the practice stage, the the second finish of Saturday, we were there long before sun up and it was neat to experience the dawn out in the middle of nowhere... Oh yeah, we also worked the "Crazy lady" corner...

While its not neccesary, Brenda's knowledge of the event was invaluable on one stage where there was a question of where the finish was supposed to be set up.

We both enjoy working events! If you starting in Rally, and haven't yet built your car, get out there and work! Get your HAM license, its not that hard, and even if you don't get a radio, you can be of assistance!!

Working controls will help you understand how controls work!!!

jblewis

1 - 2 of 2 Posts