Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

How old does a car have to be to qualify for Historic Rally? Any other requirements (brand, make, drivetrain or other)? Anybody have a good link to class/group requirements?

Gary

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
Gary, currently the rules state the car must be 20 years old and carburetted, I think.
The mods must be more or less period genuine, but that leave open lots of interpertation, which is supposed to be judged by "the class competitiors" which can mean a couple of some guys buddies can say they "feel" that this or that is or isn't OK at one event, and at the next, some different boys can say they think it is 'gloovy' as they say in Hammahatsu.

Hey you should get hold of Jim Thompson in North Bend about his car the '74 Famous "Vodge Dolt", needs a few things like a fresh set of pistons and some TLC but is THE DEAL OF THE CENTURY.
Ring me for details.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay nice and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay WAAAAAAAAAAAAY BETTER THAN ANY OTHER COLT IN THE USA _ever_ was.

John Vanlandingham
Seattle, WA. 98168

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
No John, the rules changed and the age requirement was lifted (which perplexes me).

I proposed some changes, but pretty much nothing has happened.

Glenn

·
Registered
583 Posts
Glenn's Rules

Glenn,

I thought your proposal was a done deal. Everybody this side of the known universe liked them. It's no secret that I like the "no-age limit/originally carb'd" rules far better than the pre-1972 rules. But, your proposal is much better.

Do you need to re-propose them for 2005?

Rich Smith

Vive le "Pro-le-Ralliat"

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
RE: Glenn's Rules

Apparently I didn't RE-propose them during the 2005 rules process window. (see big thread in US forum)

I never did the work to get the "signed gentlemen's agreement" for 2004 to the SCCA. (in any event, very few H cars competed).

I just sent Christian, Sue and JB some email to discuss. Christian and I played phone tag a bit but then I forgot why we were calling each other.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts

If the rules stay the same, yes.

If the rules change, I think yes for 2005 (2005-1980=25).

Practically, I think no-one is likely to complain.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts

BTW for the curious I have not received a reply to the two mails I sent to Sue, JB and Christian. I guess they're busy with other stuff...

Glenn

·
www.christianedstrom.com
2,144 Posts

Sorry, Glenn, been on vacation in Italy and Austria.

We have a meeting on Monday, and we will discuss Historic rules then. It is my opinion (and only that) that the positive responses to your 2004 proposal would merit inclusion in the 2005 rules.

- Christian

Bjorn Christian Edstrom
www.christianedstrom.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts