Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<<Despite the demanding conditions, at the end of the night 75 cars still remain eligible to start day two of the original 83. >>

Somehow, I counted 50 or so on the "official" Lake Superior Website. Must have been a mad rush with late entries, eh?

What's the real story, not the fabricated version?

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
There were 53 listed starters for the Pro event. Thirty of us were in the Club rallies.

Kent Gardam

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kent, do the club events count for Pro rally points?

Is that how there were 83 cars in the Lake Superior Pro Rally?

Or am I missing something here?

I can remember when this rally and the prveious POR would get 70 to 80 cars to start.

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
No, Clubbies are playing in a separate event than the Pros. There were 53 cars in the Pro Rally and 30 in the Ottawa and Keweenaw Clubs. I didn't see the item you are referring to and I'm not defending the choice of language or the description. The 83 cars all started together (intermixed based upon their seeds) at the event but for scoring purposes were treated separately. You force me into speculation but maybe it's more important to whoever wrote what you are referencing to make the numbers seem larger for the "pro" event than it is to those of us having fun in the woods. Or maybe it's just an honest misunderstanding about the number of participants. I don't care what they call me as long as I can have the fun.

Kent Gardam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts