Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! So I have a unique car that’s being used in rallycross and it’s been doing well in the RWD classes. I’ve been running an 05 GT mustang. I plan on getting the car caged to try some stage rallies and the only piece of equipment I can’t source is a suspension setup with all that travel.

I’ve been doing some poking around of other unique rally cars and most peoples build say they have a “custom Coilover setup” and claim to
Have around 8+in if travel or so.

How is this done? I imagine there would probably be a sized expense to this like anything else that’s custom and one off, then you run the risk of not having spares on stand by. In the end I’m still curious though how this is done. Do you buy gravel suspension and Frankenstein some mounts to work? Do Companies work with teams for custom orders?

I’ve also included a screenshot of an example of a build I saw

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bilstein makes blank struts in a few different lengths. The top and bottom mounts on the strut need to be machined/fabricated to fit your car. Thread the can for coilover springs or use a coilover threaded sleeve. There's pics on here somewhere probably.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Don’t know what your budget is but, yes- Bilstein Universal Motorsports struts are probably going to be the way to go.

If you want actual proper gravel rally suspension.

Good news- budget wise -is that your car only uses struts in the front, and shocks in the back so this should be cheaper than cars that use struts at all four corners.

Streetwise in SoCal does full rally builds and has a great reputation.

They also sell the Universal rally strut and should be able to help you.

https://streetwiseparts.com/pages/bilstein-46mm-universal-motorsports-struts

I would give them a call and see what they say.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts