Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
only 3 hours slower than petter! here is an analogy for you. the fun part of rallying is driving and niel was in the car the longest therefore he had the most fun!

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
from what i understand the point of entering this car was that this was the last year the car was eligable for the a5 class and was a very popular entry.

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
>from what i understand the point of entering this car was
>that this was the last year the car was eligable for the a5
>class and was a very popular entry.

I only saw it go by once (out of the stages I saw), but it got a louder cheer than any of the top cars on that stage (Resolfen 2).

Ben

·
Registered
183 Posts
Agreed - I saw it on Halfway 1 and Rhondda 1. At Rhondda it took about 10 minutes after the penultimate car before the Mini came by.

I also saw it at the finish ramp in Cardiff. It was obviously the last car to go over the ramp, but many people stayed there in the rain just to see the Mini. Whilst all the other cars had just driven up, collected the medal and left, the Mini had a huge celebration. They played the theme song from the original Italian Job movie, confetti cannons went off, and the team sprayed champagne with as much gusto as Solberg had done an hour earlier.

It was lots of fun and very moving at the same time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts