Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Rally, my drug of choice.
1983 Mazdaru BR-7
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A sad end to one of my favorite cars. Hopefully he will rebuild!!! 馃槶

Registered
Car 49 went off at the same 'pond' at about 100mph, taking out at least 8 trees in the process. Driver and co-driver were a-ok except for really sore butts.
There's the small bump in the middle of the hole that popped the front of their car up. The rear hit the far end of the hole which compressed and shot them about 6' up in the air, causing them to endo and flip sideways into the trees.
I saw video from sweep on that and holy crap it was dramatic.

And hey, where was the Mazdaru? I had bananas on my mind all weekend even after realizing it wasn't there.

Rally, my drug of choice.
1983 Mazdaru BR-7
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was bad timing over all, when Olympus opened I had no schedule to get my arm pricks yet, and then like a whirlwind I was able to get one. So going into it I literally would had been towing the car to get my second prick and then headed up north. I had some people warn me the second one can be worse than the first. Ironically I had no reaction to either.

I had talked to a couple people about codriving, but none really felt right. All were newbies, some had never been to an event. So to prep, train a new person, all in a week in a half was more than I wanted to do at the moment. I'm going to the Mike Negal rally next month with another newbie. But we have been talking a bunch, and he's really OCDing about writing notes, which is awesome. I could use another OCD in the car. It'll be fun regardless what happens. Then Tour later in the year, there some rumor of sprints Olympus will be putting on in the fall, and then OTR at the end of the year. Which I'm not quite sure how I feel about that time of year and those roads. Because I think it was those roads years ago there was a freak rain storm and people were getting stuck on stage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts