Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
"L5 into R4...oh...tightens"
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After rolling friday night, we left the car at the start of the stage. Because I drove the rally car to the event, we didnt have a trailer to load it onto and were forced to leave it on the road. Well, someone came by in the night and swiped the hood. Its black carbon fiber with the following graphics on it: Bimmerworld, Gravity Skateboards, Valvoline, WRC Mexico 2011, NEFR 2010, Bilstein and AKG Motorsport. Obviously I would like it back. If anyone heard about someone taking a hood as a souvenir or something, please let me know. Either PM or send me and email [email protected]

Thanks,

Bill Caswell

·
Will Crew for beer
87 Posts
It was gone by the time I saw it before heading back to night service on Saturday.

Sorry to hear, didn't know someone had taken it off the car :/

·
"L5 into R4...oh...tightens"
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even more bizarre was that I took the hood off the car and hid it 20 feet into the woods fearing this might happen. I also pulled the lights and locked them in the trunk. So someone checking out the car must have seen it hidden in brush and taken it. I checked with landowners too and they didnt touch it or see anything.

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,633 Posts
Damn methheads will steal anything . . .

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
sounds like that hood was the most valuable part of the car! Go luck!! It would look good on a man cave wall.

·
4g63 2liter v8 eater
279 Posts
I had a chance to talk to quite a few locals last year when I spectated , I bet money its hangin up in somebody's barn around there. bummer. next time let your go-pro record as a security cam..haha

·
Registered
301 Posts
Is the reward a bunch of Caswell stickers all over their belongings? Maybe you should invest in a trailer rather than stickers to deface everybody, their belongings and the towns that welcome us in to race.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don't underestimate the stupidity of criminals, I'm sure he will go blabbering about his sweet score. Sorry to hear about your misfortune X2.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Is the reward a bunch of Caswell stickers all over their belongings? Maybe you should invest in a trailer rather than stickers to deface everybody, their belongings and the towns that welcome us in to race.
Everything I have heard about his entry seems to be about par for the course. I'm pretty sure he has the meaning of the 7 P's backwards.

·
Expatriate of the East Coast
845 Posts
My seven 'P' sense is tingling...

·
Will Crew for beer
87 Posts
Geez, tough crowd.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Sucks about your hood. :(

seems like you are experiencing some down sides to being famous

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
We always kept little padlocks that we could put on the hood pins overnight on the old PPIHC car to prevent things like this or mechanical thefts.
Good luck finding it Bill.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Brilliant on the hood pin locks! +1

and Mark said it best. thieves are scum

·
Registered
273 Posts
LOL! We weren't very pleased with having to clean them all off our service rig and cars either.

Hope you get your hood back though.

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,633 Posts
BTW, congrats to the other BMW in the 100aw field driven by Fin Jari Hamalainen for its P-class win and 9 & 8 overalls in the club events, all in a stock engined 138 hp 318is with hand controls, a slushbox that would not downshift coming into turns due to electronic overrev control, and basically non-existent rear brakes due to no bias control when the abs was unplugged.

Based on his times, he would have finished between 13th and 14th in the national. Also got 7th on the second superspecial on Saturday. When he fixes the two above problems, he'll be a force to be reckoned with.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts