Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say congrats again to Jake and Silas on a great run at Saturday's Drift rally. You guys did everything right. I was a bit worried Friday night when after two stages you were hurting as bad as you were. Jake you pulled yourself together really well and just kept your mind focused as much as possible with everything else going on. Silas you were a great help at service too - you did such a great job with the notes we really only had to hurry to fix things twice. All those oil changes in the villages along the way probably helped out though.

It was such a great thrill servicing for you guys, seriously the most fun I've ever had. I hope to do it again and again.

Thanks for all the memories.
Kyle

·
Registered
223 Posts
I was thinking to myself "Wow! Eric sure is driving fast!" and then I remembered that it was Jake.

[link:gallery.jpmullan.com/2003SnoDriftByJesseMullan/CRW_6540_RJ|http://albums.jpmullan.com/2003SnoDriftByJesseMullan/CRW_6540_RJ.thumb.jpg][link:gallery.jpmullan.com/2003SnoDriftByJesseMullan/CRW_6541_RJ|http://albums.jpmullan.com/2003SnoDriftByJesseMullan/CRW_6541_RJ.thumb.jpg][link:gallery.jpmullan.com/2003SnoDriftByJesseMullan/CRW_6699_RJ|http://albums.jpmullan.com/2003SnoDriftByJesseMullan/CRW_6699_RJ.thumb.jpg][link:gallery.jpmullan.com/2003SnoDriftByJesseMullan/CRW_6752_RJ|http://albums.jpmullan.com/2003SnoDriftByJesseMullan/CRW_6752_RJ.thumb.jpg]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Jake driving a 7:45 on the last stage in near white-out conditions was nothing short of incredible with the roads the way they were. Talk about driving what ya can't see... ka-razy!!! (Pretty good co-driving as well, I'd say)

·
Registered
33 Posts
He was probably trying to get to camp in a hurry so he could get in the sauna. Tapio probably had the fire pretty stoked up by the time Jake finished. He's lucky he didn't hit one of them giant bucks down nere. They got one in display in Atlanta, holy wah! by far thee biggest buck I ever saw. Got any stories of any gigantic buck confrontations Jake?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Elk?! Ain't never heard of it. I'm going with gigantic buck. It blows my mind what you see when you go below dat mackanack bridge. I told Pard dhat me and him are gonna fire up the '77 Chev Truck an shoot one of dem Giant bucks next year! After I saw that big buck mounted in that Glass case in Atlanta, I never understood why all those trolls come up here an hunt all my buck. There Bucks are at least twice the size of the deer Banduu shot back in '89. An it waz a 12 point swamp buck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
buck, doe, male elk, female elk? who cares long as they can be shot at.

On that note, I think they should have given the diggins the driver of the year in the world wide rally federation for takin out that nice pointer in the p. rumor is he skinned it, cleaned it and was cookin up some nice cutlets at the mine shaft service, on his superturbocharger. That avsport superturbocharger doubles nicely that way, so's I'm told.

But anyway, is the rumor true that subaru factory is bustin down doors, tryin to sign these two?

I hear they can put some nice talons under their wheels. But that's just from round the fire pit.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
>
>But anyway, is the rumor true that subaru factory is bustin
>down doors, tryin to sign these two?

I guess the cats outta the bag. Dave Richards came and dropped a nice double action over under .30 ought (??!?? wtf???) buck blaster in my lap and said, "Jake, how would you like to hunt for the Subaru UP huntin' team next year?" I was like "Hunt for subes? I been doin nat since Scrappy smashed up my Brat on the mailman's truck back in '98." Then I was like "Wahh".

·
Registered
36 Posts
>I was thinking to myself "Wow! Eric sure is driving fast!"
>and then I remembered that it was Jake.

Eric drive fast. Jake ride with Eric. Now Jake drive fast.

Jake go any faster and he's gonna see what the world looks like upside down.

·
Registered
10 Posts
yea, but as old man pard told me many a time:

you gots to get on the gas
to raise the podium glass
wahh!

himes/himes champions
2007 rallye neste
jyvaskyla, finland

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
nice shootin', Tex

I'm lucky enough that my crew also are around to push me out when I ditch 'er. Those are the intangibles that team boss Kyle Walters and his band of thug yoopers bring to the team. They like when I screw up.

Nice shootin' Pete. I was hoping for some shots of what the weekend was really like.

·
Registered
33 Posts
RE: nice shootin', Tex

What's the story behind that one? I have two theories:
1. One of dem gigantic bucks jumped in your path. Silas instantly dropped the notes whipped around to grab the 30/30. Den you says to him "Easy der Pard! What are yo thinkin you can't shoot no big buck wit that puny 30/30?!" Then you tell Scrappy to grab the wheel and reach around back for the 30 ot 6. Den just as you get it in your sites you get buck fever and begin to kick silas. Then thats all she wrote you went right in da dich. "Ah Sit!" You says as you cras.

2.Silas says to you "C'mon Jake I can drive faster en you with my Toyota truck wit 44 inch Super Swampers!" The sibling rivalry begins to brew an you says to him "Oh Yah! I'll show you." You begin to giver er some throttle an your Blizteks begin to tear into the ice. you reach speeds that far surpass that of any done on Red Road. When alofasudden you see ditch. "Oh Siiit!" Then Bang! ya go straight intoda muck. Wah!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts