Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am happy to announce that we have just completed negotiations with the Colorado Hill Climb Association to create a Rally Car class within the CHCA and that SCCA rally teams are eligible to participate in the CHCA events for 2003. Driver and co-driver must hold a current SCCA rally license, be members of the CHCA and the rally car must satisfy the requirements of the SCCA?s NPRR for 2003. The SCCA does not sanction these events and their insurance is NOT available. The CHCA provides $1 million dollars liability and property damage coverage.

The current schedule of events is as follows:

Canon City, CO 2nd weekend in May
Monarch Pass, CO 1st weekend in June
Grand Junction CO 3rd weekend in July
Encampment, WY 1st weekend in August
Buena Vista, CO 5th weekend in August
Cripple Creek, CO 2nd weekend in September

All events are held on improved dirt roads.

For additional information or a driver?s information package, please contact me off list.

Pete Mathewson
Rally Chairman Continental Divide Region - SCCA
Rally Car Class Rep - CHCA

·
Left seat and not British!
785 Posts
That's fantastic! I am a frequent visitor to the Monarch Pass area (Salida) and know of the series and could never figure out why Colorado teams weren't getting involved. I went so far as to contact Bob Gillis in Colorado Springs, and he indicated that he thought conversations were going on.

I hope the Colorado folks take advantage of the seat time.

Kim DeMotte
Official Old Fart, etc.

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,633 Posts
I guess the next thing would be to contact the landowners, and see if you all could do rallies by using the stage multiple times . . . of course with the blessing of the other group.

Wilson

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RE: proximity to Pagosa Springs

Closest would probably be Salida or Grand Junction - Work it out with yahoomaps.com. Actually all except the WY event are about the same distance from there. Pagosa is a tad isolated.

Pete Mathewson
Rally Chairman
CDR-SCCA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts