Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings,

As usual, I'm going to forgo some of the marketing PR and give you guys a quick update.

* There are 3 spots left to start the 2011 HDT Rally. We made the decision to close RallyMoto entries when 'early entry' closed. (reasons: number of car competitors already signed up / time it takes to run bike sweep / lack of interest) The window of opportunity for you to join a large field of rally competitors and run these great new roads is closing fast. Please let us know your plans soon.

* We got some weather and rain over the last few days, and these roads are holding up well, but water bars and run-off ruts / ditches are part of rallying in Southern California. The recce` vehicle continues to be my Honda Fit. We did have a little issue with FWD in the snow last time :p - I don't expect any on April 9th.

* Location, location, location. I know a lot of you have some good guesses as to where the stages are, and about six of you have sent me indirect questions as to ascertain some point of reference to them. The tow to the stages will take about 45-50 minutes from the hotel and directions will be available in registration Friday night. :D Still want a hint? They are NOT North of Ridgecrest. :p The Gibeaults, Marciniaks, and others have "eyes" on those roads so don't even think about it. Here is a map of some locations in town: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...02709739487876.00049dc7f194c885195ad&t=h&z=14

* The service area is a little tight with 30 crews in it, so an area outside the service park will be designated for trailer drop off. The idea is: arrive at service, drop rally car for Parc Expose` before 9:30am, drop off trailer, go into service and setup. If your trailer is part of your service vehicle (enclosed w/tools) AND longer then a bread van OR you're servicing for more then 1 vehicle please get in touch with me for arrangements. (Laengworks, Streetwise have already) rally(at)highdeserttrails.com

* Speaking of service - Tech! - As you could imagine, scrutineering 30 cars is going to take more then a minute. We are taking reservations for tech, and the "8:20 - 9:00pm" spots are already filled. Getting your documentation to Christine BEFORE Friday night will help a lot. I highly encourage that you tow up Friday afternoon and reserve one of the 4:00pm - 6:00pm early spots. YOU can work until 5:00pm on Friday in LA, but your rally car can not. :(

* Volunteers: Thanks to some last minute phone calls to rally friends and family**, the volunteer sign up looks a lot healthier then it did last week. (when we had more competitors then workers :p) We are now in a 'comfortable' spot - but can still take a bunch more. **Our new Verizon Plan

* Our permit has been issued, our insurance has been issued, and; local, county, state and federal agencies have been notified of our event. This work started summer of 2010.

* The stage schedule is UP. Highlights include: cars at 2 min intervals, 1 service stop in the middle of the day, and a turnaround.
HERE: HDT Stage Schedule 2011 v1.pdf

* We have a 1/2 priced entry to Prescott Rally 2011 up for grabs in a competitor raffle. The Rally-Tire.com Contingency, and cool T-Shirts.

That is all for now. :D
Thanks!

- Kris

· Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hotel Reservations

One more thing:

* Spring Hill Suites - The $99 HDT Rally Rate ENDS this Friday the 25th. Please make your reservations ASAP. There is a Hampton Inn & Suites directly across from the Spring Hill - under the same management company. There are other hotels in Ridgecrest from $50 - $150 a night.

- Kris

· Kevin Welker
486 Posts
Looks like 2 stretches of road run in both directions twice. No long transits, start at 10, done by happy hour!! It would be possible to go home Saturday night if the party wasn't such a priority for us all.

· It's time for a sexy party!
436 Posts
The Hampton Inn next door has a deal for $89.00 a night if your an AARP member.
The best $15.00 I ever spent was for an AARP card.

Sean Gallagher
Not that old, but old enough.

· Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Filled up fast.

I just called the SpringHill Suites.
The hotel is just about full. Maybe 4-5 rooms left as of 8:20am 3/25.
If you still need to make reservations:
* Call and ask for Taylor - She will book it under the rally rate if they have rooms available.
If you didn't get the rally rate, but booked a room:
* Call and ask for Taylor - She will change it to the rally rate.

When the hotel fills - here are your other options:
Hampton Inn (next door)
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=hotel+ridgecrest+ca&aq=1&aqi=g6g-s2g2&aql=&oq=hotel+ridge

· Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
3 spots left - v3 supps - General event schedule

There are still 3 car spots left to start the 2011 High Desert Trails Rally. If you are considering entry - let us know ASAP! http://highdeserttrails.com/competitors

HDT Supps 2011 v3.pdf
Changes include: Staffing updates, removal of RallyMoto and Flivverrally information, specification of registration and novice competitor orientation location, updates to registration and scrutineering times, updates to service area information, and additional safety suggestions (shovels). (Changes are highlighted in yellow.)

2011 General Event Schedule

Tech and registration are going to be very busy with 27+ cars - please help by getting your documents to us, and make an appointment for tech with Christine.

Thanks!
- Kris

· Registered
3,099 Posts
There's at least 1 room left. I just called to book a room and had the option between a king or two queens so there must be at least 1 left. ooh ya $99 a night at the host hotel!

:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.