Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Achievement Unlocked!
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!
I'm sure you'll see the PR - so I'll forgo some of the marketing here and get down to biz.

Early entry will open (tomorrow) Monday, February 8th.
http://highdeserttrails.com/competitors/
* One day - compact rally - Co(2) event
* Great novice and starter event
* Discount for attending this year’s CRS Rally School
* RallyMoto (NASA event) - 2 Co(1) events
* Open service after each stage
* Organizer supplied stage notes
* One pass caravan recce’ in your competition vehicle
* Course will be freshly graded

2010 Entry Fee Schedule
Early Entry begins - Monday, February 8th - CARS: $350
Regular Entry begins - Sunday, March 21st (12:00AM) - CARS: $400
Late Entry begins - Thursday, April 15th (12:00AM) - CARS: $450

The RallyMoto bikes will be (Early $100, Regular $150, Late $200)

We're going to have a great time in the desert - please join us!
- Kris

·
Kevin Welker
479 Posts
Thanks for the info Kris and for keeping the entry in line with last year, so far I am staying on budget ;)

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Not that i would ever do things on the cheap ...

But can we camp inside the service park like last time?

Is anything Locked up at like 11 pm or will i be able to drive in pitch my tent and goto bed (excluding Kevin's loud rockband party) :)

·
Achievement Unlocked!
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
camping

Not that i would ever do things on the cheap ...
But can we camp inside the service park like last time?
Is anything Locked up at like 11 pm or will i be able to drive in pitch my tent and goto bed (excluding Kevin's loud rockband party) :)

That shouldn't be a problem. As long as we continue to 'carry in - carry out' we'll be welcome. I will ask the owners again to make sure.

- Kris

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Sweet!

Sounds like this will be the most affordable Rally on the CRS Calender!

If i can find a Navigator to pitch in half, might be able to do this one for < $250 WooHooo!

·
<catchy rally phrase>
1,261 Posts
Camping is confirmed!
Supps to follow shortly.
We'll be up inspecting the course this weekend at the rally school.
See you there!

- Kris
ohhhh....let me know if you need any help with pre-pre-recce :)

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
nasa competitors are barred from traveling on event roads 90 days prior to an event in any sort of vehicle. I think you can legally walk the roads though (but even a bmx bike is a vehicle)

Stewart and I may play on some roads north of ridgecrest though around 3 ish though if you're interested

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
"praticing is defined as traveling over stage
roads on the rally route as driver or passenger in any vehicle.

Testing is banned in the area of the event for period of 90 days prior
to the event date unless the organizers have scheduled a pre-event
testing session."

RA is the same way , but has some extra wording that only bars the practice with in a 100 mile radius of the rally HQ .. I would have entered Seed-9 last minute last year, except i had been out on stage the day before in a vehicle (setting up the course markers ) and would have been in clear violation of the rules.

its not too late for the organizers to schedule a pre-event testing session though ... :)

if you test/practice (ie travel a stage road in a vehicle) you can lose your license for 13 months!

But technically you are allowed to walk the stages as much as you'de like.... (since practice and testing are defined as being in a vehicle) let me know how that goes for ya :p

Since i got Stuck there last year i had a chance to walk the stages , well just stage 8 (but it was at a time when i should have been driving) LOL

·
<catchy rally phrase>
1,261 Posts
RA is the same way , but has some extra wording that only bars the practice with in a 100 mile radius of the rally HQ .. I would have entered Seed-9 last minute last year, except i had been out on stage the day before in a vehicle (setting up the course markers ) and would have been in clear violation of the rules.
and I would have nailed you to the wall for the blatant violation as well!!!!

:rolleyes:

·
Achievement Unlocked!
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
the trails

Don't worry - all participants will get a single pass recce' in each direction. (in your competition vehicle if you choose)
If you want to see the roads early you could pay to take the CRS Rally School Co-Drivers program this weekend. :D And by 'see the roads' I mean - probably from the back seat of Paula Gibeault's Forester while you learn notes. That will be the only exception. Keep in mind that HDT is run on private property - so you would add 'trespassing' to your 'disqualification' resume should you partake in illegal recce'. /grumpyorganizervoice

In other course news, we'll most likely be changing up directions and cut-offs that were used last year. Palapa Pass was a favorite, and is definitely going to be in this year! We removed #1 of the 2 'hairpin-in-a-wash' last year by re-cutting the road and will be working to do the same to #2 this year.

It's going to be a great course! Get signed up!
- Kris

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
In other course news, we'll most likely be changing up directions and cut-offs that were used last year. Palapa Pass was a favorite, and is definitely going to be in this year! We removed #1 of the 2 'hairpin-in-a-wash' last year by re-cutting the road and will be working to do the same to #2 this year.

It's going to be a great course! Get signed up!
- Kris

Sweet! that was my favorite part of the course by far! and it held up really good to the rally traffic. :)

No more hair pins in big sand boxes? You mean i can't get out of my car , while its in gear, and watch The Tire go round?
:rolleyes:

hehehe, Sweet sweet! :cool: This will kick ***!

·
Registered
177 Posts
i think technically just being at the ridgecrest school this weekend breaks the rule. but Kris put out a bulliten on this last year yeah? IIRC.

·
Achievement Unlocked!
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Grade A

UPDATE:
Road grading is going on TODAY!
The stages were in good shape last year after grading, and should be in even better shape this year with the rains and HDT being the only rally run at the Motosports Park.

It looks like the competition is also shaping up.
2006 USRC Champions - Wolfgang Hoeck / Piers O'Hanlon are signed up and paid.
I also have paid entries from: Erik Christiansen / Amy Floyd, Shawn Nelson / Ryan Money, and Jim Robison / Michael Robison. Thank you guys! These early, paid entries, help organizers a lot. :)

Dates to remember:
Early entry ends on Sunday, March 21st (12:00AM)
SpingHill Suites group rate discount is only available until March 31st
http://highdeserttrails.com

We'll see you this weekend at Desert Storm!
- Kris

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
This event is a lot of fun!!

Great for new teams, and the experienced teams will show us how to party!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts