Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The CT was my first time I ever spectated the spectacle that is rally racing live and in person.

I went with my g/f and her son and it was the first time for them as well. Fortunately, we guessed right and ended up at Stage 3/7 at Scott Dobler's spectator area. We got to see a few corners and got to see the cars up close, too.

And to top it all off, we got some great video of J.D. and Scott rolling their Subie.

Sure, it could have been better if we could have wandered the forest. And if I had driven further than I had (we came form Cincy) it might have been too far. If we had gone to another spectator area, we probably would have been disappointed as well.

As a motorcycle roadracer, I'm used to ponying up $20 to get into the track on top of my entry fees. Even crew pays the gate, so the spectator fee was no biggie. I'm also used to hurrying up and waiting, so the lull in the action and the delays were no surprise. That's part of motorsport.

Scott and the marshalls did a fine job of crowd control and interacted with the crowd very well. Scott answered all of our questions and you could tell they all enjoyed the sport.

As for me, I'll probably be back next year schedule permitting. Hopefully, in a few years I'll be back as a competitor (when I'm too old and slow for motorcycles :p )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks DoubleG I am glad you enjoyed the rally. My team and the region is the best. Yes Sir I've grown up under the banner of the SCCA (since I was 2 1/2) And I still enjoy the sport and club. Just wait until the Tarmacs @ the Press Stage Site (VAAP) comes around then I will really cut loose!!!!!
-Scott Dobler

1 - 4 of 4 Posts