Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
A little French lesson

Bonjour, mon nom est JD. Avez-vous reçu mon entrée? Je l'ai envoyée il y a beaucoup de jours. Si vous avez pour la recevoir, arrêtez s'il vous plaît vers le haut le téléphone maintenant.

Je veux exécuter votre événement. Si tout est très bien, arrêtez s'il vous plaît vers le haut le téléphone.

Si je dois introduire une nouvelle entrée, dites s'il vous plaît " OUI " en ce moment.

Si je n'ai aucun espoir d'exécuter cet événement, dites s'il vous plaît " NO " en ce moment.

Merci beaucoup. J'attends avec intérêt d'acheter beaucoup de cigares cubains pour mes amis en west chester, pennsylvania quand je visite votre pays fin.

:+

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
RE: A little French lesson

>Merci beaucoup. J'attends avec intérêt d'acheter beaucoup de
>cigares cubains pour mes amis en west chester, pennsylvania
>quand je visite votre pays fin.

I recently discovered that border crossings do not have much of a sense of humor about Cuban cigars. Luckily I just had one...

I was the victim of one of those "extra special" searches....

Ben

·
Registered
409 Posts

Why not contact them and politely request assistance en anglais?

1./ "Bonjour. Mon nom est ________ (JD?), parlez-vous Anglais?"

= Hello. My name is _________, do you speak English?

2./ If they respond: "Non".

Try: "Je suis desole, je ne parle pas Francais."

= I am sorry, I do not speak French.

...which of course they will find strange because you just did!

:+

Seriously, don't be shy just ask!

Bonne chance,

Bill

·
Registered
408 Posts

Ah, JD...mon ami....you didn't know that I went to school in Geneva when I was a child, now did you? ;-)

But, alas, I don't speak much French anymore. But if you have a real problem and they do not speak English, give me a call. My sister, the polyglot, is fluent in all the romance languages.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Try leaving them a message here,

Boite vocale

They should get back to you very sonn.

Hope I'm not to late...

P.S. There are half as many competitors in the regional as there are in the sprint, I don't think they will turn anyone away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.