Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a very nice post card in the mail today from the PRB and PRD saying:

Rule change concepts for the 2003 season rulebook are available for viewing (as a pdf file) downloading and printing on the SCCA website, at www.scca.org.

yada, yada, yada...

All comments on these concepts must be submitted in writing, and must be received by 15 July, either by conventional mail, email or by fax. Be sure to sign and date your response, with your membership/license number.

OK, for the life of me, I can't find this on the SCCA's web site. Has anyone found this?

TIA,
Daphne

G

·
Postcard? What postcard?

>>Got a very nice post card in the mail today from the PRB and PRD saying:

Hey, at least you got a postcard! Did anyone else?

EDIT: Disregard--my postcard arrived today. Still can't find these rule changes, and only have two weeks to respond. *sigh*

·
Registered
92 Posts
RE: Postcard? What postcard?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who couldn't find the proposed changes. Perhaps their goal was to have the list on the site before anyone received the postcards.

I just hope there are guidelines for "reskinning" cars. Now I've got 2 20+-year-old Volvos in the stable, a Grp2 and a Grp5, and am not going to pour the money into reskinning them if they'll get booted at tech.

George Thompson
1980 Volvo 242GT Performance Rally Toy
1982 Volvo 242DL Performance Rally Toy

·
L1 !!! HPR into HPL
950 Posts
>>
>OK, for the life of me, I can't find this on the SCCA's web
>site. Has anyone found this?
>
>TIA,

Just talked to Kurt and the changes should be on the SCCA web site by Tuesday. They were delayed by Pikes Peak

David Weiman
[email protected]

·
Registered
366 Posts
By Internet?

To think that I received all this flank at the Rim town meeting by asking for proposed rule changes to be sent out by e-mail. It was made very clear how this cannot be done and blah blah why. If only I'd known that SCCA could send a paper snail mail that told me to look at such and such web site then the internet would be okay for official use.
Boy do I feel like an idiot!!!
SCCA must have figured out they could actually save money, which after all is the real motivator, by that I mean $$$$$, I certainly hope someone gets a raise for this decision.:p :9

·
Registered
163 Posts
RE: Postcard? What postcard?

George, there was a reskinning ruling and clarification made earlier this year. You could probably find it in a search on SpecialStage as I posted both my letter to the PRB and their response.

Bottom line is that the car must look like what you claim it is, meet the class rules as if it were what you claim it is and that the actual words on the registration do not matter. Technically a car registered as a '72 Cadilac can be reskinned and look like a 2000 Corvette and be legal so long as all the Gp5 rules are applied and the engine remains a GM derivative.

Bradney A. Boli
Over Exposure Racing
Honda Accord #311

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.