Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Considering it takes about 18 months to get a permit, it is a bit tough to get the permits first then plan the event.

If you would like to assist in obtaining permits, please visit us.

Mike Strawbridge

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Planning vs putting on a schedule. 2 entirely different things. When I am "done with my driving career", I'll volunteer to help. Until then a person can only do 1 of the 2 successfully. And I've put in my time working events in the past 25 years, so for now I'll drive and enjoy myself, thanks.

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
>Planning vs putting on a schedule. 2 entirely different
>things. When I am "done with my driving career", I'll
>volunteer to help. Until then a person can only do 1 of the
>2 successfully. And I've put in my time working events in
>the past 25 years, so for now I'll drive and enjoy myself,
>thanks.
I disagree Don. It is possible to organize and drive. You are indeed busier than a one armed paperhanger as organizing is much more time consuming than driving. But racers can race and organize and keep a day job too. But then there are those that say what I do doesn't qualify as driving. :)
Richard

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I'm not attempting to get into a "pissing contest" of any sort. I guess I should have indicated not driving, but all the other things that go with it when running about 6 events a year, primarily including car prep when it takes constant maintenance and enhancement to keep up with the rules. Plus have another life besides, etc. Yes there are exceptions and each of us individually handle thing differently. And I would love to be able to do more to attempt to organize a new event. But I know my limitations and I'm not going to try it while I'm still an active entrant. ;)

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
You're allowed another life? I suppose that is possible. After all I do edit the regions news letter although I am way behind this month due to organizing a rally, And I do participate in RACES. I have at least one thing going for me, a wife who does much the same things. Also, no kids. And I don't mow the yard as often as the neighbors.:+
Richard

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
So that's why the entry has been light for STPR. The rest of the field is going to the rallycross to get full pro rally points instead!

Kent Gardam

G

·
Damn! I was hoping we would get Prorally points...haha

I probably filled out my sanction request form wrong, blame me not Sue (if it really got you that upset)

The SEDIV only has a handful of people trying to do anything so enjoy what there is and we'll try to get something together. Mike's doing the best he can with what he's got. We hope to have good news soon...

John Barnett
Tennessee Valley Region
Huntsville Speedway Rallycross+ProRally :+

G

·
I of course understand... I never saw it on there, must have been fixed before I saw the thread. Had I seen it I would have contacted somebody immediately to fix it. I'm working on a really nice Rallysprint here in North AL and will give my full support to Mike and Bill and anybody else working on SE Rally activities....

John Barnett

http://www.treesandturtles.com/

1 - 18 of 18 Posts