Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting here waiting for my ride to show to head to New Richmond, and just felt like posting! :)

Entry list for Baie looks amazing. Irish boys coming up with their EVO's, Sylvain, Antoine and the rest of us usual cast of characters make it look like it's going to be an awesome weekend of competition! :)

Combine the entrants with the fantastic Quebecois fans and you have a recipe for a top notch rally with a European flair(not that Quebec flair isn't awesome enough).

I recall last year telling Dave to put his route book down as we turned the right downhill corner down into the Camp Brulee spectator area. I told him I knew where we were going and he needed to look out the window at the spectacle! It was(and always has been), an amazing and surreal experience. Coming out of the dark into the light and seeing thousands of fans, flash bulbs going off, air horns....

I was just visited by fellow competitors Tim Penasack, Marc Goldfarb, Steve McKelvie and Dave Siesicki who are on their way North a little sooner than I. They stopped by the World Headquarters of LDR for a cold drink and look-see.

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend. We'll be back on the fourth, but I think all the fireworks will be in the woods near New Richmond! :)

Cheers! John

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
>Entry list for Baie looks amazing. Irish boys coming up with
>their EVO's, Sylvain, Antoine and the rest of us usual cast of
>characters make it look like it's going to be an awesome
>weekend of competition!

John:

It will be interesting to see how Sylvain does with his daughter co-driving. I believe she is only 16 and has no recce or notes experience. They have done some winter rallysprints together.

I wish them good luck. She has a chance to beat my record for the youngest person to win a Canadian Rally Championship event. It has stood since 1968.

Doug Woods

·
R6 300 FOC!
1,513 Posts
The "media-mobile" just rolled in, and we're pretty excited about this event as it is our first time here. Photographer Andrew Harvey, Writer extraordinaire Dean Campbell, and myself will be covering the event for our various media outlets. We spent the night in the Charlevoix area further east, and had a tour around all the old tarmac stages there...wow, they have to bring that back!!!

I was happy to discover that I have full internet access here, so we will be bringing you live updates, images, and comments from the teams as the weekend progresses on www.flatovercrest.com

Just going out to grab some interviews and stuff as people arrive and settle in.

Cheers,
Warwick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts