Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the perspective of the Organizing Committee and all its hard work, we fell that the 2002 International Cherokee Trails Rally was a great success.

There will always be ways to improve the event and relationship of the event to it's community. We are working to expand the organizing Committee with new people and perspectives that represent the area surrounding the Rally.

We have a good working relationship with the USDA Forest Service, but like any relationship, it is still must grow and mature.

Rally Promotions and the Organizing Committee has never stated that the Forest Service does not want us in the Cherokee National Forest or any other Forest in the United States. We have great support from the people of the region and the Forest Service personel have worked very hard to allow us the opportunity to operate such a complex event in the Ocoee-Hiawasse District of the Cherokee National Forest.

Thanks to those who worked the event, participated as competitiors and those who showed such strong support by spectating at the event.

Next year brings new oportunities and more inivations. We hope you will come back to see the is next International Cherokee Trails Rally.

John K. Shirley
Clerk of the Course

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Yes, there will always be problems and improvements to be made. But non carburundum illegitimi (sp) (Don't let the bastards grind you down). One question though. You went from 3 days (and approx 15 stages?) to 1 day and 8 stages. I don't quite understand and am curious what the thoughts might be for next year, something in between?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don,

With the economy (9/11) uncertain and the fact that we needed to trying a full 6am-6pm day, we felt one day was enough. It was also a test of how many stage miles we could operate in the daylight hours. I think we proved our limit.

I hope to announce, by mid-summer, some fantastic plans that will really put stage-rallying on the map in the US.

John K. Shirley
Clerk of the Course

·
Registered
296 Posts
Some of the comments on rally by Kulig/Baran (2place)translated from Polish newspaper

?You feel like are doing the Portugal on Fin?s gravel. It has been a very long time since I have had chance to compete in such good configuration of special stages?

?It is interesting fact that 24 hours before start you really don?t know where exactly the rally will start?

?We are paying a big respect to the group of passionate organizers.

It looks like USA rally funs have a hard time to be accepted?

?We saw the green light on 4 stage to bet David, we took the gloves up but on the end we lost to luck by one second?

?This is a fantastic rally. It is dream of every rally driver to have a chance and rally on such technical road?

?It is sad that we can not buy race fuel which we are using in Europe. Here we just went to the gas station and electronics will not like it. This will be disadvantage for us but we are very excited and happy to compete here?

Jerry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts