Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ken White hits the big EIGHT-O today! Ken has been a stage ralliest since the 70s, he's listed in the back of the SCCA Rulebook as a senior with 22 life time points, he served on the Pro Rally Board, apparently he ended up with the ex-CMC Motorsports, Inc. red Dodge Daytona known lovingly as "Christine" and I'm told he's now found another car to turn into his 5th rally car! 80 and still building rally cars!!! When I grow up, I want to be JUST like Ken White! ;-)

Ken was a Navy radio operator during WWII and Korea who is now retired and living with his wife, Tommi, in Albuquerque, NM. She asked Tim Sardelich (who confesses, "rallying and barf free since 1979") to ask the rally community to send him happy birthday wishes today, so I'm paraphrasing Tim's great note and spreading the word!

[h3]HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEN!!![/h3]

Pass it on ...

Halley ...
When I grow up, I want to be JUST like Ken White!
http://www.realautosport.com

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
And the Rallye de Paris group along with Rally Engineering wishes Ken a Happy Birthday. And we are trying to get rallying closer to Ken so he can debut his new car in his home state.
Richard and Juanita

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mike:
Thanks for the great PR bit on my birthday. It makes me sound like sometype of hero, which im not.
My old body starts to give out in a bunch of ways!! But you still think of all the things you want to do (building a rally car) but the body keeps you from getting any thing done.
Mike, you dont want to be like me. You've done much more for rallying than I have and you should be honored for it.
My thanks to all the rallyest who wished me birthday greetings on this forum and on Email. Here is a list (I can hardly believe this)
and if I missed anyone, please excuse it (its my age.).
Nick Taylor, Amy, Claire, Jimmy B., Mark Utech, Bjorn Christian, Ray Hocker, Lee Sorenson, PatMcMahon, Pete Morris, John Dillon, John Elkin, Richard Miller, Paula & Mke, Dave Coleman J.B. Niday. and others I cant remember and they are still coming in as people get home from the Arizona Rally.
Im Overwhelmed completely and my thanks go out to the whole Rally Community.
ken

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
Ken, sorry I didn't make the initial list of well-wishers. I was out of town all last week, and I have been rather pre-occupied with the silliness of organizing the Oregon Trail rally (thanks to the many great members of the organizing crew who do all that they do to make the rally actually happen).

Happy belated birthday. We've had some great times in the past, and I look forward to more in the future.

Ben Bradley

1 - 7 of 7 Posts