Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My program is starting to be used in Europe. There is a question I received from a user:
--------------------------
We have a handicap system that we apply for the different categories present in the race for the championship example we consider that the turbo 2000 cc will give a 3 seconds per kms on special stages of handicap to the 1300 cc cars and our question is how we could put it in the software?
--------------------------
I will add that feature in the program without problems. My question is: Can we think about using such a handicap system in US to give everybody a chance to be a "real" winner.

There must be a reason why they are doing it up there. They are doing rally since a long time and they do have a lot of sponsors.

Jean-Georges
www.RallyScoring.com

·
If money were no object
272 Posts
Hello Jean-Georges,

I have checked out the web page for your timing equipment, nice!
I wish more clubs were using this type of scoring system in the US.

As for the handicap:

I personally think that this is a poor solution to a non-problem.

If people are really concerned about a level playing field, there should be a spec class. (This statement is not a push for a spec class, just an observation)

I do not want to think that the competitive edge that got me a win was caused by a time advantage before I started the stage.

Steven Perret
Car# 226
Driftin4 Racing
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
No one is a real winner when handycap systems are used like this. The only real winners are ones who win in level classes using one car prepared to the same spec.

I would rather not see this type of thing start up in rally.

Derek

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
My vote is no.

Places where this is currently done:
- golf
- bowling
- sailing

press on,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts