Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I searched the old forum with all my might, but could not find what I need.

I know that there was some talk (by Mr. JVL himself) of how to build a hydrolic handbrake out of an old Nissan/Datsun clutch master. I've read the archived thread, and there's mention of a diagram... but I can't seem to find it out there.

Might anybody out there have the diagram, or instructions? Pictures would be better... but I won't be greedy.

Thanks in advance.

Matt.

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
Matt, even better. I just had made up 12 handbrake master cylinder mounting brackets, copies of the Ford GpA one in the Sapphire.AND! Even as I hunt and peck people are toiling over a hot keyboard slaving away tryin to post piccies of things since these stinking 'puter maschinen don't come with instructions fer sheeeeet! Stay tuned.

Or drop a note for a bracket.

what handbrake lever you using?

John Vanlandingham

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John,

My current set-up isn't much of a set-up. I've got an Omni GLH, and I did the read drums-to-disks swap. The only thing left of the original set-up is the OEM parking brake handle.

I'm currentlying mulling over my options. I could either: A) Pull an OEM style E-brake from an old Daytona; B) Put in a line-lock (Mr. Utecht suggest this, and it sounds like a good idea); or C) Go with the set-up reference above.

So, whatever I go with, I'm pretty much starting from square one. If I can do the Nissan/Datsun thing cheaply, that doesn't sound like a bad way to go... although I'm still a bit fuzzy about the whole process (which is why I made the picture request).

Send me a line at [email protected], and let me know what one of the brackets would run.

Thanks!
Matt.

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts