Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys one of you sent me an auto cad drawing of a hand brake and i was wanting to know if you could send it to me again
thanks
Josh

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
Just really curious about the cad drawing, why not post it here?
Is there something, dimensions or what that can't be fingered out from the nice drawing in that other thread, or in the nice photo that Brian slaved over a hot keyboard posting.

I thought the phot was wonderful so seriously, what more is needed.

John Vanlandingham

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no no no that was great, just have a friend that works for a company with lots of cnc's, we are talking about making them out of billet alluminum and carbon. i just want to have the drawing as an example, and no i am not going to violate any copywrites. i think that we can change the dwg around and export it directly to the cnc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got one..
Still haven't gotten around to dimensioning them yet..

Anyone want to finish them for me (AutoCAD R14+ or Inventor or Mechanical Desktop)

-Justin

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
Well call me silly but it seems as though all this talk and all the putzing around for something that is so seldom used is making me wonder if you guys are really interested in getting a car done and in the woods.

there is an old saying from Gen. George S. Patton that I suggest to all the guys I've helped over the years and some of them took it to heart and as privateers been able to go out and build cars and get the experience to be able to win national championships in class and even stages outright.
"A Good plan today is Better than a Perfect plan tomorrow."

You got a handbrake in the car?

What's wrong with it that you need to redesign the whole thing?

An hour spent putzin' with CAD crap just puts off the eventual time that you will ultimately have to get out in the shop and zap something together.

You guys might think a bit more about the FOOT BRAKES rather than the f*****G hanbrake lever.
you know that's where real time is made up easiest.

But what the puck do I know.

Oh I forgot, putzin' with a CAD thing on a compurt comes under entertainment....

John Vanlandingham:p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts