Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the two things are not necessarily related, but there were some people who felt that the H-Class was one way to avoid the 20-year rule in order to keep their older car eligible for National events. But if the PRB was planning to lift the 20-year rule (and thereby make everyone eligible for National events again), why remove the age cut-off for H-Class?

Here's a few other related questions I was wondering when I saw the 20-year rule was being lifted.

(1) How many of you out there are now preparing a H-Class car for competition use in National events?

(2) How many of you were planning to do so only (mainly, partly) to circumvent the 20-year rule?

(3) How many of those who were building an H-class car to circumvent the 20-year rule still plan to build to H-class rules?

(4) Is there any role for the H-Class if there's no 20-year rule?

Just wondering what others think about this stuff. Please note, that I am not in favor of the 20-year rule and specifically urged the PRB not to adopt it in 2000 (or 2001 or whenever it was first raised). It was a terrible rule and I'm glad it's gone. I'm just trying to figure out where the builders are now thinking/heading with all of the recent rule changes.

Best regards,

Bill Rhodes

·
Registered
107 Posts
I responded to your other post, also.
My H-class car is on hold.
I made a bid on a G-2 car but did not get it. I took the money and paid off my doctor bill and am working towards running Alcan and Thunderbird. Probably no SCCA events for me this year, unless I nav.

Dick Fuhrman

PS; a stock car may be in my future

·
Registered
368 Posts
>
>(1) How many of you out there are now preparing a H-Class
>car for competition use in National events?

no just club stuff

>
>(2) How many of you were planning to do so only (mainly,
>partly) to circumvent the 20-year rule?
>
>(3) How many of those who were building an H-class car to
>circumvent the 20-year rule still plan to build to H-class
>rules?

my car is a 72
>
>(4) Is there any role for the H-Class if there's no 20-year
>rule?

no, i am thinking of doing the 222 class that might be formed.
hursts mustang vs 72 8v 2l is not close.

>
>Just wondering what others think about this stuff. Please
>note, that I am not in favor of the 20-year rule and
>specifically urged the PRB not to adopt it in 2000 (or 2001
>or whenever it was first raised). It was a terrible rule
>and I'm glad it's gone. I'm just trying to figure out where
>the builders are now thinking/heading with all of the recent
>rule changes.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Bill Rhodes

·
Registered
583 Posts
Bill,

Please see my more complete response in your other related post.

My personal interests are "ClubRally Only". But, I think H-Class should be allowable in ProRally also.

Separetely, I like the new Historic Class Rules (no cut-off year)approach very much.

Rich Smith

Vive le "Pro-le-Ralliat"

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
> (4) Is there any role for the H-Class if there's no 20-year rule?

This is a great question that I have been pondering.

I think a 1979 RX7 and a 1968 MG are quite different....

The combination of blowing up the current H class rules and removing the 20 year rule is probably sucky in terms of moderately even competition. As far as getting older cars out on the stages it is probably ok.

Glenn

·
Registered
12 Posts
awesome_rogergibson

Updating my 77 280Z with roll cage gussets, seats, belts etc to confirm to new rules and compete PRO and Club again.

Still have the ex Buffum, and later Smiskol, TR7 tube chasis 79 champion car which I later converted to V8, but not planning to update at this time.

Had Group 44 built dolomite sprint engine, but was hard to keep the dual weber 48s adjusted on high altitude events. Except for events Salty was in attendance and he was caught up on preparing Buffums Audi Quatro for the event. Thanx, Salty!

Roger Gibson
Terlingua, TX

·
Registered
204 Posts
<<no, i am thinking of doing the 222 class that might be formed.
hursts mustang vs 72 8v 2l is not close.>>

This comment confuses my little brain. What makes your 72 8V 2l fall into G5?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts