Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have not read the "Guiding Vision" lately I recommend you do. I printed it and pinned it to the wall-just so I can remind myself of all the progress we are making.:+

Some interesting notes are:

"Guiding Vision" (for realtiy 2005)

Strickly enforce championship event organizing criteria

:Ensures events meet the needs of competitors, sponsors and media

:Ensures certain important consistencies are in place across events while accommodating event individuality

With certain "issues" arising lately it's a good thing we have two years to get this under control

Age limits for all classes

:6 years or 2 body styles (for non-homolagated classes)

I take it that 2 body styles means current and previous. I hope that 6 years is not a maximum-if so ouch! This could mean that EVO 6.5 and earlier variants won't be legal in "PRO", EVO VIII is do out soon. Remember that these rules are to go into effect in 2 years (2005)

Also for those of you in favor of a 3 tier system take note.
SCCA considers "PRO", "Club", & "Rallycross" to be a 3 tier system!!

Sorry I do not have the web-address for the "Guiding Vision" handy maybe someone does and can post it, enjoy.;)

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
> If you have not read the "Guiding Vision" lately I
>recommend you do. I printed it and pinned it to the
>wall-just so I can remind myself of all the progress we are
>making.:+

While reading it, remember that this document is a year and a half old now (spring 2001). It was the inspiration(?) for a number of the original 3-tier rally proposals.

Adrian

·
Left seat and not British!
785 Posts
I think it's amusing, and I didn't catch it at the time of initial publication, but the 'Vision' takes care of the needs of the contestants, sponsors, and media. Seems to me like there's one participant left out of this love fest....the organizer. And, to repeat my theme, the organizer OWNS ALL THE MARBLES! Can we have a rally without a sponsor? About 50 times a year I'd say. Can we have a rally without the media? PLEASE!

But we can't BUILD the game without the sponsors and the media. I just think the organizer has been left out of the benefit loop. And, given recent defections, I suspect the organizer is making his or her point.

Just my organizer-prejudiced $.02

Kim DeMotte
Official Old Fart, etc.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
>I think it's amusing, and I didn't catch it at the time of
>initial publication, but the 'Vision' takes care of the
>needs of the contestants, sponsors, and media. Seems to me
>like there's one participant left out of this love
>fest....the organizer. And, to repeat my theme, the
>organizer OWNS ALL THE MARBLES! Can we have a rally without
>a sponsor? About 50 times a year I'd say. Can we have a
>rally without the media? PLEASE!
>
>But we can't BUILD the game without the sponsors and the
>media. I just think the organizer has been left out of the
>benefit loop. And, given recent defections, I suspect the
>organizer is making his or her point.
>
>Just my organizer-prejudiced $.02
>
>Kim DeMotte
>Official Old Fart, etc.

Obviuosly the organizers truely hold the can of worms and we are all in debt for their teams work. When the organizers ban together and set the terms then we are most likely to see change!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.