Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question ... how far away from p4 is a (canadian)Gr. N 2002 Wrx?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Depends of course on your Grp N spec...

It comes down to the gearbox mostly...dog box with homoligated ratios and LSD's all round....

ECU with anti-lag is also a consideration...

·
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems to me that I read a thread here (can't find it now) where it wa suggeted the the 02 WRX in particular can be made Grp. N legal with extremely few mods over and above what would be done in Canadian P4 ... (ECU w/Antilag is OK in P-4 as I underestand it, the Dogbox wouldn't be, but I beleive there is a variant with a stock synchro box (although that may be a 6spd with eccd) I've tried to understand the **** papers ... and went through a bottle of tylonol in the process.

Joe, I know someone that is considering a national campaign and is intrigued by the lack of Gr.N runners this year, but doesn't want to build the N car to find that Labrie, you, Norm and others are also jumping to that class.

·
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it' more about being selective in your competition ... if you can bring home first in your class, not many people ask how many competitors there were.
Personally, I agree with you Randy, which is one reason I went to the RS over my wRX7 that I built ... I'd be able to measure myself in P4 much better. (you coming to PFR by any chance?)
That said, if you are looking for sponsor money, the ability to place at the top of your class with a reliable car comes into play.

·
Slid'n around 'n havin a ball
2,953 Posts
"not many people ask how many competitors there were. "
My mother-in-law always does.
rz
PFR - no, will be with my lovely wife at a meeting in Germany.
The Ring is on the agenda.
Have fun guys.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am looking at a 2nd 04 wrx (rebuild) that we will be building into a group N. I am in negotiations right now with a rather large sponsor, if all works out as we are discusing we will be running the P-4 car in Canada and the N car next year in the SCCA pro Events. They will be close enough that one will act as back up for the other and vise-a-versa....swap a tranny shut of the bang bang etc...I know of only three group N cars
that may be running in Canada next year and only one of those is a Canadian car. If and when we get a full field of cars, I will likly run a N car up here....Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts