Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Marketing through Motorsports
Joined
·
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI only: I wrote the following note to the PRB this morning.

Last night on Speed News I heard that the FIA has changed their points structure next year from 10-6-4-3-2-1 to 10-8-6-4-3-2-1. They announced it in the context of F1, but I imagine they'll use it across the board.

Are you changing the SCCA points structure for Group N to match?

[hr]

[p align=right]John Dillon
John @ WidgetRacing.com
www.WidgetRacing.com
 

·
your other left, you idiot
Joined
·
3,909 Posts
John, John, John-
First you should have written to FIA.

The blurb you saw was in regards to Bernie, F1, and Ferrari. I saw nothing in there that related to rally. You know something we don't? Is something broke in rally-land (or do you just not like Peugeot?)?

press on,
 

·
Marketing through Motorsports
Joined
·
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
>John, John, John-
> First you should have written to FIA.

Bernie hasn't returned my calls! }>

> The blurb you saw was in regards to Bernie, F1, and
>Ferrari. I saw nothing in there that related to rally. You
>know something we don't? Is something broke in rally-land
>(or do you just not like Peugeot?)?

I don't know if they'll change it in their other areas or not, but simply wanted to raise the awareness in case they did. Since 2002 F1 and WRC used same points structure, I thought it possible that the trend would continue.

> press on,

I'm pressing, I'm pressing!

P.S. A lovely young woman recently asked me "How come Jimmy Brandt doesn't get called a 'veteran navigator'?"

[hr]

[p align=right]John Dillon
John @ WidgetRacing.com
www.WidgetRacing.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
946 Posts
>FYI only: I wrote the following note to the PRB this
>morning.

>
>Last night on Speed News I heard that the FIA has changed
>their points structure next year from 10-6-4-3-2-1 to
>10-8-6-4-3-2-1. They announced it in the context of F1, but
>I imagine they'll use it across the board.
>
>Are you changing the SCCA points structure for Group N to
>match?
>
>[hr]
>
>[p align=right]John Dillon
>John @ WidgetRacing.com
>www.WidgetRacing.com

John,

What about team orders too? Next time you and your driver pull over for a competitor expect to get fined. I guess Hyundai in 1998 would have gotten a fine... (or was I really faster than John Buffum on a stage?)
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top