Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has the makings of one for the ages. I am predicting that we will have between 20 and 25 cars in Group F. This could be more fun than a hole chopped in the ice near some ice fisherman and a real hot sauna.

Those of you who are going and haven't run in Group F yet please respond to this thread with your weights and displacements. If you are unsure of your weights please try to get and accurate measure.

Doug Jenkins are you out there? RX-7 owners are you out there? Where the HECK are Randy Bailey and Steven Perret? Let's get those weight and displacement specs documented.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
>Doug Jenkins are you out there? RX-7 owners are you out
>there? Where the HECK are Randy Bailey and Steven Perret?
>Let's get those weight and displacement specs documented.

Steven's car (still orange, mind you) is not quite ready yet.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Yes, its one of those fancy "fake turbo sound generators" you see on ebay.

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
Decisiions, decisions ...

Continue the Group F fun in the overweight, underpowered Production Bug or succumb to another turbo temptress, let you guys press on with the n/a fun but get to haul some major WHOOMAH around again in G5.

Hmmmm ...

Understand it wasn't that I didn't try to scare up a n/a engine for the Omni that would allow me to run Group F AND be competitive in Group 5, but I couldn't seem to talk the guy I sold the world's only 1981 Plymouth Horizon GLH I built during my Dodge Boys days out of the 2.2 I built out of a used turbo block, turbo crank and some Direct Connection bits ...

:-( Bummer ...

Halley ...
RWD and normally-aspirated ROCKS! Let's get it on in Group F, uhhhhh, right after 100AW!
http://www.realautosport.com

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am working on building an RX-7. Will the weight for group F be 1308 x 1.8 multiplier or will there be some sort of double secret probation like what put the RX-7 into group 5 even though it is only 2354 cc with the 1.8 correction.

Will the weight be 2271 lbs or 2381 Lbs?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
> I am working on building an RX-7. Will the weight for group
>F be 1308 x 1.8 multiplier or will there be some sort of
>double secret probation like what put the RX-7 into group 5
>even though it is only 2354 cc with the 1.8 correction.
>
> Will the weight be 2271 lbs or 2381 Lbs?

Rotaries are in Group 5 by definition, not displacement. Most rules are written based on the maximum potential of the engine, which in this case is a nearly 300 hp.

I ran a 1st gen Rx-7 in group 5 1998-2000, and neither I nor Andrew Havas had any trouble being competitive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts