Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
R6 L6 R6< 800
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This posting is in response to a previous posting in August 2003 that I made. I stated something which was incorrect, and at at the request of the CARS president I am posting this correction.
Group 5 cars are welcome in Canada as per the CARS rules. Any US competitor competing on an SCCA licence may enter their US Group 5 car in any event in Canada and be elegible for event awards.
To further atone for my error in only stating part of the rule, I am making the following offer. (Good things come in threes)
I will personally pay one third of the entry fee for the first three elegible Group 5 cars that enter the 2004 Galway Cavendish Forest Rally. In addition, I will personally fund a $300 US prize award for a Group 5 class provided there are three legitimate starters in Group 5 for that event.
(This may be a safe offer as there is currently no organizer for the 2004 CGFR, however that is a risk I am willing to take)
Sincerely,
Peter Watt

·
Registered
62 Posts
excellent! i have competed with my Group 5 car in Canada several times and the only hassle i have ever gotten was regarding the turbo restrictor- aways cleared up quickly as long as you can produce the SCCA rule book to prove G5 doesn't run with a restrictor. given the right conditions a fast G5 car can duke it out with the 4wd open class cars. i'm not saying my car can, but some G5 cars out there surely can!

james
team saabworks

·
Registered
149 Posts
Open class 2wd cars in Canada do not need a restrictor... D5 of rules state that "All open class turbo-charged 4wd vehicles must have a turbocharger air inlet orfice of 34mm or less." it does not say that 2wd cars need a restrictor.
Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts