Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
like a 2.6 turbo motor from the t-bird?

heres what i think would be a fun rally car but would be ineligable for G5.

take a GC chassis impreza coupe.

put the U.S. spec sti or forester turbo motor in it.

then convert it to rear drive like the cusco road racing car in the JGTC.

that would be alot of fun. but under current rules it would have to be a open class car:'( .

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
>...that's over 2.5L unadjusted displacement?
>
>ACP
>Flirting with the laws of physics.

Does a 4.3 liter supercharged V6 in a 4WD Chevy S-10 count? You could easily disconnect the front driveshaft and make it legal for G5. ;-)

Check this out - http://www.realautosport.com/images/KenStewart.jpg

It doesn't say anything abnout supercharging in that ad, but he had forced induction on it last time it ran at Camp Maxey.

Halley ...
ProRally #86
http://www.realautosport.com

·
eating dust taking photos
3,740 Posts
I'm looking at building a car with 2960cc raw and 5032cc adjsuted.

Need to finance it, I have the gutted shell, built tranny, fresh block, beefed up LSD, and the knowledge/parts support to build it if I can just get some cash flow going....

Should be able to put over 450 to the wheels reliably....

·
eating dust taking photos
3,740 Posts
that as a rally car or as a street car?

If its a street car then it skews the answers as I am sure a lot of people could say the same types of answers....

·
straight at T
647 Posts

·
straight at T
647 Posts
>that as a rally car or as a street car?
>
>If its a street car then it skews the answers as I am sure a
>lot of people could say the same types of answers....

He's probably talking about the TT Supra Ralph Kosmides built and won the G5 championship with. Brian Vinson ran it last,I believe.

-DC

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hmm... reading the rule book I thought I saw a reference to a total displacement cap of 5.0L with modifiers?

Am I wrong about this?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
All of the later Starion/Conquests are 2.6L actual displacment, turbo, RWD, 2 valve/cyl, OHC. There are 3-4 running various rally events in the US. Why do you ask??

Mark B.

·
Trogdor
915 Posts
>like a 2.6 turbo motor from the t-bird?

T-bird Turbos were 2.3l. (just like that one car, you've probably never heard of it since it didn't sell too well, heck i forgot the name but it's some weird Ford of Yurp thingy)

I wonder when someone will build a pushrod turbodiesel for Gp5. Just to take advantage of a wider variety of adjustment factors.

·
Trogdor
915 Posts
>I think you are wrong. There are no adjusted displacement
>caps for G5 or Open.

Adjusted displacement cap of 5100cc. With modifiers, that means 3000cc maximum for turbocharged engines, 6375cc for pushrod engines, or 3750cc for turbocharged pushrod engines. (So that Buick Grand National you've always wanted to rally is 36cc over the limit, but feel free to run your 383ci Dodge Charger, as long as you paint it orange with the stars-n-bars on the roof :+ ) The rotary multiplier is kind of a joke because there's for all intents and purposes only one manufacturer of rotaries, and the largest engine (1962cc unadjusted) can only be run naturally aspirated (3532cc adjustment before forced induction) and weighs-in heavier than sin itself, so really there'd be zero advantage given that turbocharged two rotor engines of any size would run rings around it and weigh less while doing it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Ralph ran the turbo toyota (3.0T)-was worried about the engine being to big with multipliers so asked SCCA to change the rule-they did- the SAAB guys didn't ask and built the engine down to the rules which should have had them at a disadvantge displacment wise-but one can only afford so many tires...

·
Registered
129 Posts
>that as a rally car or as a street car?
>
>If its a street car then it skews the answers as I am sure a
>lot of people could say the same types of answers....

What Dave said. Wonder who has that thing now?

Brandon

1 - 20 of 22 Posts