Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From a Subaru Press release about STPR:

"Subaru enters the event second in the Manufacturer?s championship and is looking for a strong finish to close the gap on rival Mitsubishi."

For more information please visit www.Rally.Subaru.com

It is a fact, of course so is this:

"Subaru enters the event LAST in the Manufacturer?s championship and is looking for a strong finish to close the gap on rival Mitsubishi."

Ya know I like the subie/mitsu battle but we need Hyundai back and Ford to enter the fray...

See ya in the woods,
Mike

·
Registered
374 Posts
RE: Great

Where did you read that? I don't think that Ford would let a sister company run in the same series... that is partly why Mazda pulled out in '93... Ford bought Mazda and shut down the rally program.
Not that I am disagreeing with you... but I would love to read that.

Philip J. Boer
[email protected]

·
Old Fart
560 Posts
>From a Subaru Press release about STPR:
>
>"Subaru enters the event second in the Manufacturer?s
>championship and is looking for a strong finish to close the
>gap on rival Mitsubishi."
>
>It is a fact, of course so is this:
>
>"Subaru enters the event LAST in the Manufacturer?s
>championship and is looking for a strong finish to close the
>gap on rival Mitsubishi."
>
>
>Ya know I like the subie/mitsu battle but we need Hyundai
>back and Ford to enter the fray...
>
>See ya in the woods,
>Mike

A REALLY GOOD PR guy or spin doctor would say " Subaru is in second place in the championship and Mitsubishi is next to last"

Paul Jaeger
PRIMO Stage Crews
For a Good Time, Call PRIMO!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I heard Daihatsu was planning on making a comeback to the US market and they are going to use ProRally in their marketing stratgey!!!

...No, not really. :7 :+

Nick Polimeni

·
Registered
689 Posts
Now Nick here is the 2004 Manufactuers Cup entries: Simca , Tatra , Matra and Moskovich. Lada is still unconfirmed. Rumor has it Messerschmit and Isseta my enter as well

Tom Grossmann

PS Nick I manged to get myself back into a Volvo - 71 142E , this will be our lead car for our Rallysprint.I've already got the Rally Suspension and skid plate.No cage in this one , it is a clean one owner car. The Explorer doesn't like the treatment we dish out.

·
Registered
245 Posts
> Now Nick here is the 2004 Manufactuers Cup entries: Simca
>, Tatra , Matra and Moskovich. Lada is still unconfirmed.
>Rumor has it Messerschmit and Isseta my enter as well

Actually, I read an article in Autoweek (I think) several years ago about a 4wd aircooled 12cylinder Tatra diesel truck that had gobs of torque and horsepower, and they were using it as sweep at some Euroupean rally and entertaining the service crews by lighting up all 4 wheels leaving the service area.

>
> Tom Grossmann
>
>PS Nick I manged to get myself back into a Volvo - 71 142E ,
>this will be our lead car for our Rallysprint.I've already
>got the Rally Suspension and skid plate.No cage in this one
>, it is a clean one owner car. The Explorer doesn't like the
>treatment we dish out.

Nifty! I'll be ordering progressive springs for mine in a week or so, and hopefully painting it in the next month or two. I can't wait to have it back on the road! But yes, mine is staying a road car, slightly customized, but comfy road car none the less.

Nick Polimeni
'71 Volvo 142E (daily driver/RallyCross)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Nick the wife is quite impressed with the fact that you don't need to slow down over speed bumps. Couple that with Vegas streets bieng under construction constantly and you have a sweat daily driver.

Tom

Tatra truck for sweep , hmmmm maybe we could mount a travel railer to the frame and use it for a cool motorhome!!!!!

·
Registered
483 Posts

> Now Nick here is the 2004 Manufactuers Cup entries: Simca
>, Tatra , Matra and Moskovich. Lada is still unconfirmed.
>Rumor has it Messerschmit and Isseta my enter as well
>
> Tom Grossmann
>
>PS Nick I manged to get myself back into a Volvo - 71 142E ,
>this will be our lead car for our Rallysprint.I've already
>got the Rally Suspension and skid plate.No cage in this one
>, it is a clean one owner car. The Explorer doesn't like the
>treatment we dish out.

What about th Oka's I saw the importer of these sporty* little Russan cars at the sprint... :+

*by 'sporty' I mean it had a number on the side :p

·
Registered
689 Posts

If we could get a dozen people to run OKA's I bet we could have some seriuos fun pounding them to death.Of course these cars might also be fun for stadium Rallycross UK style.

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Ummmm ... the Tatra ain't no slouch. De Azevado came 2nd in the truck class in the Paris-Dakar Rally 2003 in a T815.

I seem to remember Loprais wasn't doing too badly either until they DNF'd.

I definitely wouldn't mind having a Tatra built to overland specs as an overland / tow / service / sweep vehicle ......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts