Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fantastic job on the Targa Newfoundland coverage tonight, Lawrence. Just one question...how come you gave the alleged 'star' of the presentation, the 'other' J.B., just one crummy five second dancing spot half-way through? See, everyone is a critic. Seriously, my son and I are packing to be ready for 2006. Does Claude G. have any stories about 'riding' with the 'other' J.B. I wonder what that was like for a mere mortal.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Am I the only one who wants to say "well done, Lawrence"? Doesn't anyone else want to say thanks and pat him on the back??? What a neat job to keep our sport in front of the Canadian public on prime time TV! At least someone's getting paid to do the job.

·
Registered
233 Posts
About 40 people enjoyed the Targa on a big screen in Smiths Falls, prior to registration for the Subaru Winter Rally. Targa Newfoundland also provided refreshements at the rally. Many thanks! It was an impressive show, and many times the room erupted with laughter, applause, or jibing some of the Targa competitors that were in the room. The JB footage was awe inspiring to all. It is no wonder that the man continues to win rallies. Thanks to Lawrence and his hard working crew of professionals. Thanks to Targa competitors for giving us all something to enjoy.
Craig

·
Registered
527 Posts
Thank you for the kind words, but the credit is misplaced. Due to a conflict with Colorado Cog last September, I didn't even go to Targa and was only slightly involved with the edit. The TV2GO rally team was split that weekend with the Gariepy brothers, Alan Ockwell and Carol Patterson in Newfoundland and the rest with me in Colorado. Carol deserves the credit for Targa and I'll be sure to pass on your comments. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I'll ad my Thanks to whoever was responsible - It was a great show - and having it on at a "normal" time was a great bonus!
Thanks

Can we buy DVD version of it?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Adding my "thank you" to the post. As someone who doesn't subscribe to cable TV and therefore only recieves CBC and Global via bunny ears, it was fantastic to find rallying on a mainstream broadcast during peak hours. Too bad it coincided with Hockey Night in Canada on the other channel. I had to put the game on radio so I could watch Targa but it made my week. Can't get the show out of my head.

Great job promoting a national treasure!
John McLaren

1 - 6 of 6 Posts