Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gancho!!!!
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last time i rallied it was still an SCCA thing and i haven't really been paying attention to the new rules, but as i look to make my return a couple of questions have come up...does NASA have the same rule as Rally America about starting in GP2 or P first??? if i rally in GP5 in NASA for a year could i enter Rally America rallies the next year in GP5???....thanx

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
NASA currently has no restrictions on novice competitors. Rally America may waive the restriction if petitioned. Points or co-efficients gained in NASA are accepted by RA.

Gene McCullough
Olympus Chief Scrutineer

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Hi Luis,

Welcome back! Seems like you have some rally experience that might help. If you are bound for R-A rallies, then send your rally resume to JB Niday and see if it will get you started in G5. If not, go to a few NASA events; like Gene said, those coefficients will count towards the R-A coefficient requirements.

Are you still in the Norfolk area?

Regards,
Mark B.

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Um, the way I read RA rules, you don't have to start all over as a novice/newbie with RA. If you have SCCA experience, that counts as RA experience. Thus, depending how much prior experience you have, you may not be restricted to G2 or P in RA. As others have said, there is no such constraint in NASA land.

You should ask this question of JB Niday, citing how much SCCA experience you have, over on the RA site.

http://www.rally-america.com/forums/index.php

or call Niday.

press on,

·
Gancho!!!!
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey mark,

thanks for the info everybody...the thing is most my experience with scca was co-driving and i will be driving now..so that is why i was asking the question...i will contact JB to find out...ohhh yeah i am still in the virginia beach area...

LOU

·
Gancho!!!!
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey mark,

thanks for the info everybody...the thing is most my experience with scca was co-driving and i will be driving now..so that is why i was asking the question...i will contact JB to find out...ohhh yeah i am still in the virginia beach area...

LOU

1 - 7 of 7 Posts