Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ITURNRT
2,061 Posts
Love the remote control feature! Can't tell you how many times I've hated stretching back to see if the cam was on/off.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Nice work, I love it! Now I would finally have a reason to go with a GoPro.

Just for the heck of it... would there be away to connect multiple cameras to the one Start/Stop? And perhaps use a USB input for them into the box so that the user could have a longer cable? Just thinking you could then have multiple cameras setup around the car with 1 switch, like the Drift HD (obviously without wireless). Then only have only 1 of them labeled as the miced input, unless there was a selector switch to pick which camera you wanted the audio input from.

·
Shotgun!
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Technically it is possible to control multiple cameras with one remote. But I don't think that there is much demand for that. But if someone wants it, I can build it.

As for the USB input, I dont make cables with common plugs like a USB because there is always the possibility that someone will plug it into a computer and fry the camera as its not wired the same. Again if someone needs a specific item, I will custom build it.

·
Shotgun!
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Taking Pre-orders! I am ordering in the connectors needed. No payment needed at this time, I just need a rough list of how many connectors I need to order in.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sign me up for 2! Is it possible to get one with a long cord, say 7 feet? I would like to control a camera outside the vehicle as well.

Thanks!

·
Shotgun!
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sign me up for 2! Is it possible to get one with a long cord, say 7 feet? I would like to control a camera outside the vehicle as well.

Thanks!
Long cables are not a problem (see below). I am going to use a jack on the remote to allow the user to extend as far as you want and connect to a multi-camera switch center (see Below)

As it has been mentioned and I have been asked by a couple different people. I am also developing a Multi-Camera connection box. The plan is to make the remote -as seen in the video- plug into a larger switch center that can control up to 6 cameras!

So a breakdown:

"Rally Hero" Single camera switch with remote audio In and indicator LED. (As seen in the YouTube video)

"Super Hero" Multi-camera switch center that will allow up to 6 cameras to be turned on at the same time. Plug your "Rally Hero" remote into the "Super Hero" switch center and you can turn on and off up to 6 cameras at the push of one button (still in testing).

Universal and extendable cables. easy to extend the cables to any length you want. (Cheap! trust me. what I am planing to utilize you can buy at any hardware store ;) )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts