Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to share some thoughts that may help others when perusing the sponsorship deals. Give them an example that being an unique does not mean bad for the sponsors.

From February, Toyota Prius sales were up 33 per cent from a year ago, and that's nationally!!! (that was a record month for Prius. From what I'm reading,Prius sales are very strong for March as well.

They are daily 150 visitors (average) taking pick on our web site. Many e-mail with ?thumbs up? including one from business manager of very famous actress to pass the message.

Speed is important for sponsors as well as reliability of the car... that may not be the fastest.

Jerry

Ability Rally Racing

Leading the P2 class in 2003 Canadian Rally Championship ;)

www.aafce.ca

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

You may check Guyons web site and see step by step preperation.

jerry

http://www.guyons.com/tour7.html

p.s.

Teams from east coming to west should think about this shop. Good mechanics trully friendly and professional people. Solid place to keep rally car for 3 weeks.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I went to the Vancouver Auto Show last week. I was happy and supprised to see Jerry's Prius there.

Jerry, I know that you are living in Alberta and obviously can't make it to all these auto shows, but I feel that Toyota should have someone or something to help passers-by understand what this car is all about in terms of its involement in the 2003 Canadian Rally Championship.

My impression was that passers by were just like, "Well thats cool, I wonder what that is" and just carried on. If there was someone there to explain its involement or some info packages or whatever, I think that people would really look out for it on the stages and such.

Cheers,

·
Registered
497 Posts
Now if there were some information like that available right in-front of the vehical at the auto show, I think that you would raise more awareness with the auto show visitors.

Just trying to give some constructive suggestions, keep up the good work Jerry.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chad,

Thanks? you are my favorite Western Canada driver anyway.
Don?t give up with your rally dreams?think about school FIRST and don?t push too hard with rally...
Education is the key to everything?

See you in Bighorn?

Jerry

p.s.If you would like to try drive Prius? I am going to pick-up tomorrow morning from BC Place between 9-10 am (main parking lot. You can meet me there.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Haha, thanks for the offer Jerry, I would love to drive the prius but I'm going to whistler to spend some quality time with my skis. The rally car has been getting all the loving this winter.

I know that my brother would also enjoy driving the Prius rally car, he had ambitions of going green and rallying a Honda Element. But his photography has taken over so that is no more.

Thanks for the complements and suggestions, see you at the Makita Big Horn,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts